kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Yeah, it is near impossible to keep everybody on topic when it is a weekend when no really interesting movies are opening.

lol we're heading to some epic weekends  :lol:

November Man and as Above/so Below

The Identical (wtf is that?)

Dolphin Tale 2 and No Good Deeds

oh my god this forum will become like Area 51  :ph34r:

after that there will be Maze Runner and This is where I Leave you so things get slightly better

The next few weekends till "Gone Girl" hits are going to be awful, I don't think anything (maybe Maze Runner and Equalizer) will even challenge 20M OW.

I agree I think there's only 2 movies in September I'd want to see.

Edited by SuperRocket

When did Guardians make 500 million? BOM has it at 341

That exact question I already asked at international too

It is higher (yesterday over $160m something) and BOM didn't update the international numbers since 10 August

It did open in some new markets, but the jump looks a bit high IMHO

That exact question I already asked at international too

It is higher (yesterday over $160m something) and BOM didn't update the international numbers since 10 August

It did open in some new markets, but the jump looks a bit high IMHO

Should be a typo. "Over 400 million" should be correct.

• Like 2

Should be a typo. "Over 400 million" should be correct.

Oops! Yeah, my bad.Or i might have read that Deadline(?) article wrong....Still, though, it's already overperforming where I thought it'd be by the end of its run. I hope China and the other territories breaks out for it.ETA: I doublechecked the Deadline article, and it does state over $500 WW... so, eh?!?! I'd love some actual fucking numbers LOL! Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Oops! Yeah, my bad.Or i might have read that Deadline(?) article wrong....Still, though, it's already overperforming where I thought it'd be by the end of its run. I hope China and the other territories breaks out for it.

Not your bad, it's seemingly the Deadline's 'bad'

• Like 2

Yeah! DAFUQ DEADLINE??????Anyways, way to raise my G*Damn hopes, there :(((((

:therethere:

My HOPE was for Thor 1 ww numbers then and is now probably a bit optimistically for $650m+ ww depending on Chinas numbers

(all is possible there from $2m to - see Transformers 4 - $300m, fingers crossed for a $50m-$70m result there, not good release date,...)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

What are people thinking in regards to Sin City's release?  I know everyone is talking about the next few weekends being slow but I keep seeing the Sin City display adverts at the local theaters.

the first GI Joe. Which opened in August 2009 

My Bad.  Looks like ill forever be confusing the 2 GI Joe Titles. 

Still couldn't tell you which one was first. they could have simply called it GI Joe 1 & GI Joe 2.

The next few weekends till "Gone Girl" hits are going to be awful, I don't think anything (maybe Maze Runner and Equalizer) will even challenge 20M OW.

The Boxtrolls might, given how Coraline and Paranorman at least got to mid teens, and there hasn't been a legitimate family film since Planes 2.

• Like 1

The Equalizer has Denzel in it. I think it'll cross 20m opening weekend easily.

• Like 1

What are people thinking in regards to Sin City's release?  I know everyone is talking about the next few weekends being slow but I keep seeing the Sin City display adverts at the local theaters.

Sin City sequel came out a little too late IMO. This Movie should've been made 2-3 years after the 1st Movie came out not 9 years.

• Like 2

Long range tracking here at BO.com was for Sin City ~ mid to end July:

OW = $20,000,000

end result = $47,000,000

GotG & TMNT opened both ~ 50% higher, but others also deeper see

Expendables tracking BEFORE the leak

OW = $25,000,000 

end result = $72,000,000

It depends....