Blankments

Blank Sells His Soul to the Box Office Forums - A Social Experiment (WEEK 13 - KIRK CAMERON'S SAVING CHRISTMAS)

So I'm at college now, and I still want to keep up my trend of seeing a movie weekly. Lucky for me, Wednesday afternoons I have completely free and I've saved enough money for the $4.50 weekly. Unluckily, at this time of year, I have no idea what to see. That's where I came up with this idea

I'M SELLING MY SOUL TO THE FORUMS!!!

And by that, I mean, I've decided to basically crowdsource my moviegoing to you guys! Every Wednesday night I'll put up a poll for next Wednesday's movie (every movie at the local theaters will be listed), and whatever wins is what I see.

Do you want me to give Michael Bay my money? Vote Ninja Turtles! Want me to be the only person to see If I Stay? You can do that too... although not this week because it's not here yet! Heck, if you really want, you can possibly make it so I see Guardians of the Galaxy eleven times! I'm gonna be completely impartial to it. Whatever's #1 by each Tuesday night will be what I see the next day!

Some important notes: This experiment will end the Wednesday before Mockingjay releases. I might do it in the second semester too, but that depends on money and if I get a job. Also, the only movie I plan on seeing on the weekend during these time period is Interstellar on opening weekend thanks to prices, if you were curious.

Choose wisely, or don't. I'm counting on you guys.

WEEK 1: Into the Storm B

WEEK 2: The Hundred-Foot Journey A-

WEEK 3: Magic in the Moonlight C+

WEEK 4: The Identical B

WEEK 5: The Maze Runner A-

WEEK 6: The Equalizer A

WEEK 7: Left Behind F

WEEK 8: This is Where I Leave You B-

WEEK 9: Fury B+

WEEK 10: John Wick A

WEEK 11: Interstellar doesn't count

WEEK 12: Nightcrawler A

WEEK 13: Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

Is the Bollywood movie "Kick" playing anywhere near you? If it is, then that should be the movie everyone should vote for to make Blank really regret his decision. 

The movies in the poll are the only ones up for voting as they're the only ones in the area

(to clarify, there's a theater that didn't have their times up for next Wednesday yet thanks to November Man, but I'm going with posting the next week every Wednesday night so we'll forget that theater for the first week)

Aight, I'll play fair (for now). You should see 100 FOOT JOURNEY, just to get away from some of the summer stuff.

Hmm, surprised you didn't pick MOST WANTED MAN. Figured it'd be the only movie up there you'd actually want to see yourself :P

8/27: Sin City 2

9/3: Calvary

9/10: Frank

9/17: The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

9/24: A Walk Among The Tombstones

10/1: The Boxtrolls

10/8: Gone Girl

10/15: This Is Where I Leave You

10/22: Fury

10/29: St. Vincent

11/5: Laggies

11/12: Interstellar or Big Hero 6. It's up to you.

You're welcome.  :)

• Like 1

8/27: Sin City 2

9/3: Calvary

9/10: Frank

9/17: The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

9/24: A Walk Among The Tombstones

10/1: The Boxtrolls

10/8: Gone Girl

10/15: This Is Where I Leave You

10/22: Fury

10/29: St. Vincent

11/5: Laggies

11/12: Interstellar or Big Hero 6. It's up to you.

You're welcome. :)

You might want to look at the poll ;)

I thought about it, but decided to go against the grain of picking a typical Tele "critically acclaimed art house movie". :P

DANG YOU, THAT'S THE MOVIE I ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE

There is no Ninja Turtles option. So I have chosen the one I would see from those options: Into the Storm.

Blame November Man for screwing up the Wednesday showtimes. Ninja Turtles will be an option for September 3 I bet

Edited by Blankments

You should take out rewatches from the poll. The point is for you to see new movies.

But you see, that removes the fun of the insanity of this experiment. Hypothetically, I could see any movie multiple times, regardless of how much I hate/like it