iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Lol sorry, but I just hate that condescending, Prince Charming picturebook reading pseudo "feminist". :P

Posted Image

ETA: Not gonna pretend she's not hot though.

No prob. I just think she's one of best Disney's best princesses / female characters.

She's independent and outgoing, and that's what I like about her. That being said I still preferred Beast and his story-arc overall.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

#12: How To Train Your Dragon (2010) - 817 Points

Country of origin: USA (Dreamworks Animation)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
A hapless young Viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed.

Iceroll's list trivia:
How to Train Your Dragon takes over for the biggest point jump now, as it flies 65 points above #13, Frozen. It is the highest ranking Dreamworks Animation film (looks like Alpha was right, out of the ChD gang).

IMDB trivia:
During the popular Dream Works intro part of the movie where a boy on the crescent moon is holding a fishing pole, the shadow of the Night Fury flying through the star-filled background can be seen for a brief moment.

BOF User Review:
It's fitting that this should be my first posting here. Definitely my fav movie of the last couple years, and probably longer. Great story that works on multiple levels, great visuals, and the best score of 2010 in my opinion. Toothless is awesome, adorable, and even kind of hot if you ask me, lol.

A+ 
-Night Fury, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 18

Iceroll's list trivia:

How to Train Your Dragon takes over for the biggest point jump now, as it flies 65 points above #13, Frozen. It is the highest ranking Dreamworks Animation film (looks like Alpha was right, out of the ChD gang).

As a huge fan of the series. I might as well make my first post on this forum about Dragons

Posted Image

Great list btw. It's what made me stop lurking after 2 full months.

Edited by Bulldawg626
  • Like 3

The big films we've yet to have seen, probably going to be 11-1 in some order:

Aladdin

Beauty & The Beast

The Lion King

Spirited Away

Toy Story 1-3

WALL-E

Ratatouille

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Regardless of my Belle hate, gotta admit that's one epic Top 11. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

#11: Spirited Away (2001) - 841 Points

Country of origin: Japan (Studio Ghibli)
Animation style: 2D Anime
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
In the middle of her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and monsters; where humans are changed into animals; and a bathhouse for these creatures.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Spirited Away is the final film before we reach the Top 10. It misses out by a mere 13 points. However, its 32.3 average score is the second highest so far for any film with more than 3 votes, right behind Princess Mononoke's 33.9. Miyazaki films aren't as widely seen as Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks but they are consistently higher ranked.

IMDB trivia:
First anime film to be nominated for (and win) an Academy Award. It also has the longest runtime of any other film nominated or winning in that category (125 minutes).

BOF User Review:
My favourite Myiazaki film. The creature and people design and the design of the bathhouse itself are outstanding! The plot is a bit like an adventure game (get item or collect favour to advance) but the single episodes are all very original; the film is full of little surprises, often funny and sometimes touching. Also, from a technical POV, the animation is propably the best ever coming out of Studio Ghibli. At least among the films I've seen which are not too many. 
-IndustriousAngel, 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 19