rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

One of the two by Alfred Hitchcock?

You mean either Psycho or Vertigo missed out?  What is this nonsense?

Notorious, Rear Window, Strangers On A Train and Rebecca also say hello and WTF.

Recalling a quick glance over the submitted lists I think Vertigo will appear and I'm one of the few who don't much care it while I love so many others of his.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

many of them are just as bad as, say, armageddon or transformers.

:huh:

no.... all of the ones you listed have plenty of redeeming qualities within mise-en-scene and cinematography that elevate them above anything Michael Bay has ever done.

Plus, calling a bunch of well-made films "bad" in the Michael Bay sense isn't individualist - it's what Armond White has made a living off of. 

Notorious, Rear Window, Strangers On A Train and Rebecca also say hello and WTF.

Recalling a quick glance over the submitted lists I think Vertigo will appear and I'm one of the few who don't much care it while I love so many others of his.

Just checked your profile. Baby Cap is spinning like crazy, lol..

• Like 2

And ROPE for goodness sakes!

• Like 1

The funny thing about Hitchcock is that he never had the level of recognition he has now when he was alive.

In fact he was more lauded by the french press and french filmmakers as the great Francois Truffault who wrote for Les Cahiers du Cinema and began to analyze the genius of Hitchcock s films.

Okay, Monsters Inc. has no business being over Aladdin, SA and Frozen. And I just realized that Beauty and the Beast will beat all these films AND Silence of the Lambs. I should've voted aarggh.

Not over SA, but the other two easily. Has more charm, better humor, and a bigger heart than those two. And Boo's character and dynamic with Sully alone destroys the entirety of Frozen.

All that said, MI shouldn't even be in a top 100 films ever list.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

:huh:

no.... all of the ones you listed have plenty of redeeming qualities within mise-en-scene and cinematography that elevate them above anything Michael Bay has ever done.

Plus, calling a bunch of well-made films "bad" in the Michael Bay sense isn't individualist - it's what Armond White has made a living off of. 

at least armond white has an opinion.

Everyone has an opinion. As the saying goes, they're like assholes.

Whether one's opinion is supported by any informed or considered thought or is held for any other reason aside from wanting to stand out by being contrary or trolling is something different. White is an articulate troll, not a film critic.

• Like 1

What's sad is that White apparently used to write legitimate, thoughtful criticism back in the day. I read his Criterion essay for David Gordon Green's George Washington after watching the movie, and it was both beautifully written and eye-opening in some respects. If /when he bothered, he could really make you see a film from an interesting, unique angle; unfortunately, he took that ability to a laughable extreme ultimately becoming nothing but a troll.

• Like 3

Just watched Wag the Dog.  That was such a good movie.  It goes with Terminator as a movie I should have been able to find a place for on my list.

Edit - Oh, hey, I *did* include Terminator!  Go me!  With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd left off A League of Their Own for Wag the Dog. Huh.  Only 11 of the movies so far have been on my list.  

Edited by Wrath