rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

The Dark Knight must be the best sequel of all time on this list! (OK, probably Empire Strikes Back)

No seriously, the Godfather Part II is a movie that only gets better with time for me. At first, I was just lost by the Hyman Roth plot, but now I'd just put it a hair behind the first film.

• Like 4

33. Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991) 30 points- 13 votes

"Chill out, dickwad."

TERMINATOR_POSTER_72_905.jpg

Almost 10 years have passed since the first cyborg called The Terminator tried to kill Sarah Connor and her unborn son, John Connor. John Connor, the future leader of the human resistance, is now a healthy young boy. However another Terminator is sent back through time called the T-1000, which is more advanced and more powerful than its predecessor. The Mission: to kill John Connor when he's still a child. However, Sarah and John do not have to face this threat of a Terminator alone. Another Terminator is also sent back through time. The mission: to protect John and Sarah Connor at all costs. The battle for tomorrow has begun...

Trivia: Given Arnold Schwarzenegger's $15-million salary and his total of 700 words of dialog, he was paid $21,429 per word. "Hasta la vista, baby" cost $85,716.

Ruk's Comments

"DUNDUN-DUN-DUNDUN. DUNDUN-DUN-DUNDUN

Seriously though, what is it with James Cameron and making awesome action-centric sequels to horror movies? Either that or making movies that basically break the box office but everyone considers overrated 2 years later. 

Anyway, do I prefer this to the first movie? Well.... it has elements I prefer. Mostly due to the T1000. That thing was badass. As was Sarah Connor and it raised an interesting question as to whether the future could really be changed. A question that was then fucked over by the sequels but I like to pretend they don't exist.

On the other hand, the kid is really really annoying.

To sum up, some things are better, some things are worse, now let's listen to that awesome soundtrack again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

DUNDUN-DUN-DUNDUN. DUNDUN-DUN-DUNDUN"

• Like 16

32. Memento (2000) 30 points- 13 votes

"We all lie to ourselves to be happy."

Memento-Poster.jpg

Memento chronicles two separate stories of Leonard, an ex-insurance investigator who can no longer build new memories, as he attempts to find the murderer of his wife, which is the last thing he remembers. One story line moves forward in time while the other tells the story backwards revealing more each time.

Trivia: During Teddy's line "You don't have a clue, you freak!", director Christopher Nolan felt that Joe Pantoliano, who played Teddy, did not quite nail the end of the line, so he decided to rerecord the last two words to his liking, delivering them himself. Therefore, in the final film, the words "you freak", as we hear them, are actually being said not by Pantoliano, but by Nolan impersonating Pantoliano's voice. Pantoliano was unaware of the dubbing until an interview for Anatomy of a Scene: Memento.

Ruk's Comments

"It's a good film that, in a surprising twist, I feel is a bit too high on the list (although, unlike some other Nolan films I could mention, I've absolutely no objection to it actually being on the list. It's a great movie.)" 

• Like 14

31. Ratatouille (2007) 30 points- 14 votes

"If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead!"

ratspanish.jpg

A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great French chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in the sewers of Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unlikely - and certainly unwanted - visitor in the kitchen of a fine French restaurant, Remy's passion for cooking soon sets into motion a hilarious and exciting rat race that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down.

Trivia: To find out how to animate the scene where the Head Chef is wet, they actually dressed someone in a chef suit, and put him in a swimming pool to see which parts of the suit stuck to his body, and which parts you could see through.

Ruk's Comments

"This is going to be a difficult one to write for because.... honestly.... I'm not that fond of this film. Don't get me wrong, it's far from bad, but it's never really connected with me the way it seems to have done for so many others. I think most of the characters and plot are kinda generic and the few elements that are more interesting don't really get enough focus. As par for Pixar, the visuals are amazing and the food looks gorgeous, but that's not really enough for me.

That said, the critic's speech at the end was utter brilliance. That's 'First 5 minutes of Up' level of quality there."

• Like 14

30. Toy Story 2 (1999) 31 points- 14 votes

"I'm sorry, honey, but you know... toys don't last forever."

toystory2.jpg

While Andy is away at summer camp Woody has been toynapped by Al McWiggin, a greedy collector and proprietor of "Al's Toy Barn"! In this all-out rescue mission, Buzz and his friends Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Rex and Hamm springs into action to rescue Woody from winding up as a museum piece. They must find a way to save him before he gets sold in Japan forever and they'll never see him again!

Trivia: When Jessie first meets Woody (Tom Hanks), she exclaims, "Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln!" Abraham Lincoln's mother was Nancy Hanks, a blood relative of Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks is a direct descendant of an uncle of Nancy Hanks.

Ruk's Comments

"So we go from one of my... less preferred Pixar films to, honestly, my favourite Toy Story of the three (despite it being the lowest ranking). This is one of those classic animated movies I grew up, like Howl's Moving Castle or Finding Nemo and I just adore it. Admittedly, it possibly stoked my unwillingness to ever throw anything away ever, but dammit, it's just to good. There's great action and humour for kids, there's deep characters and genuinely emotional moments for adults (Jessie's backstory comes to mind) and they're both handled so well you'll enjoy it no matter what age you are.

To sum up, other people may prefer the first or last but this one will always be my Toy Story."

• Like 13

I am sorry but the truth hurts . Nemo is one worst Pixar films. I have no idea why people love that film. I find the movie piece of crap.

Por Que?

I find it to be emotionally riveting with great characters plus it's hilarious.

Easily the greatest animation in my mind.

• Like 1

I am sorry but the truth hurts . Nemo is one worst Pixar films. I have no idea why people love that film. I find the movie piece of crap.

I agree that it is one of the worst Pixar films, but I disagree that it is a piece of crap. I still think it is really good.
  • Like 1

I find the characters annoying. 

I can understand that for Dory and maybe one or two of the supporting cast, but I maintain that Marvin is one of the best Pixar protagonists.