A Marvel Fanboy

Friday 12/23/11 Numbers

Internationally, yes. DOM, probably not but movies based on books have to be widely accessible to have mainstream success. This is a R rated movie with limited appeal and if it makes 80-90 million DOM and another 140-150 OS it has done well. The whole 100 million budget thing is an entirely different topic. I have no idea what Fincher did with that kind of budget in a movie that didn't have any genuine A-list actors and no CGI.

People here underestimate how much it costs to film in other countries that aren't Canada. Also, the longer you shoot the more money you spend, and Fincher is notorious for long shoots.

well I hear Dragon Tattoo is a very dark depressing film and it is also based on a book so I don't see why it would break out.

I don't know that I'd call it depressing. I never read the books or saw the other adaptions. I went in blind and enjoyed it even if it took over an hour to really get all the pieces flowing in the right direction.I would call it a Adult Thriller.

Fishnets how do you know all that stuff ? What you're saying is about as refreshing view as I've seen or read ... ever I know you're Canadian so it strikes me incredibly odd that you know all this stuff ... even about Tigers ... which were basically just a bunch of thieves not real soldiers ... but still I am pleasantly surprised :)