CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

38 minutes ago, belblazer said:
  Hide contents

I think that this scene with Cavill will probably be added later closer to the movie release. The Rock doing the same thing that happened in Shazam in his movie knowing that people would fume over it seems insane.

DC/WB are that fucking dumb so who knows.

You folks are funny... who do you "believe" these days?  I'm no fan of Cavill as Supes, but if you don't believe buzz from the actual industry trades Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline... who do you believe?  

And this "Cavill can't make an appearance, he's filming abroad" stuff -- when was the last time that a studio flew in actors to Comic-Con that were supposedly filming other locations?  Like...a million times!!!  And of course there are these things called... Facetime/Zoom/Skype!  The only question really is...is it an appearance to see how the audience reacts?  Or do they actually have him signed for something?  Black Adam is most likely...because The Rock has already hinted at it numerous times -- and that movie needs more buzz!  

Sure, Deadline gets their Box Office numbers wacky...but they are "connected" just like the other two. And all three of these trades are owned by the same company, believe it or not!! 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I don’t even know where a new Superman movie with Cavill’s Clark Kent could feasibly go. BvS kind of limited the story potential for future solo movies. 

I don't see a Cavill solo Superman movie -- but I wouldn't be surprised with a Cavill appearance or two in someone else's movies to bide time while Warners makes other plans and see how things shake out with THE FLASH and BLACK ADAM and WW3.  I think they're pretty confident in AQUADUDE.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I don’t even know where a new Superman movie with Cavill’s Clark Kent could feasibly go. BvS kind of limited the story potential for future solo movies. 

This one is easy actually. Ask everyone to ignore BvS altogether and most audiences and fans will comply without question.

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I don't see a Cavill solo Superman movie -- but I wouldn't be surprised with a Cavill appearance or two in someone else's movies to bide time while Warners makes other plans and see how things shake out with THE FLASH and BLACK ADAM and WW3.  I think they're pretty confident in AQUADUDE.  

I hope not, we REALLY need a new solo Superman movie :( 

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

You folks are funny... who do you "believe" these days?  I'm no fan of Cavill as Supes, but if you don't believe buzz from the actual industry trades Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline... who do you believe?  

And this "Cavill can't make an appearance, he's filming abroad" stuff -- when was the last time that a studio flew in actors to Comic-Con that were supposedly filming other locations?  Like...a million times!!!  And of course there are these things called... Facetime/Zoom/Skype!  The only question really is...is it an appearance to see how the audience reacts?  Or do they actually have him signed for something?  Black Adam is most likely...because The Rock has already hinted at it numerous times -- and that movie needs more buzz!  

Sure, Deadline gets their Box Office numbers wacky...but they are "connected" just like the other two. And all three of these trades are owned by the same company, believe it or not!! 

Thing is t Variety clearly labelled it as buzz.....which sort of means Vairety put a big "rumor" flag on it.

Welp, if Cavill does show up to Comic Con, I’m about 99% certain it would be specifically to tease a crossover with Black Adam, rather than to announce a solo movie.

Even if Cavill comes back, the best bet for a solo Superman film would still be a reboot, which I guess is where the Abrams/Coates project is supposed to come in…

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Thing is t Variety clearly labelled it as buzz.....which sort of means Vairety put a big "rumor" flag on it.

Variety's "buzz" is still more legit any day of the week than any other fanboy/Twitter "buzz", that's all I'm saying.  And were any of *them* mentioning this?  I don't think so!  

Edited by Macleod

53 minutes ago, cax16 said:

If he doesn’t show up in some capacity it’s gonna suck hard for WB lol. I know it’s not technically their fault but expectations are set now. 

I feel like WB has gotten used to people being mad at them at this point. Still, the rumor about Cavill showing up is pretty much the only reason anyone is even talking about WB’s presence at Comic Con this year, so if he does show up, that might just be the shot in the arm that DC needs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

If he doesn’t show up in some capacity it’s gonna suck hard for WB lol. I know it’s not technically their fault but expectations are set now. 

He's not showing up and anyone being angry at WB for not delivering on something they never said they would deliver on would just be idiotic.

I seriously have to believe he's going to be there and he's going to announce a new Superman project, because what I know of the DCEU's rumored plans for the universe sounds beyond stupid that it can't be true.

I seriously can't understand how you could continue this universe, in the state that it is in and with the incredibly dumb rumored plans, without Superman. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, grim22 said:

He's not showing up and anyone being angry at WB for not delivering on something they never said they would deliver on would just be idiotic.

I agree.

I wonder if he shows up via a video or whatever? Again, I don’t have high hopes for anything but I guess we’ll see. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I feel like WB has gotten used to people being mad at them at this point. Still, the rumor about Cavill showing up is pretty much the only reason anyone is even talking about WB’s presence at Comic Con this year, so if he does show up, that might just be the shot in the arm that DC needs. 

DC always plays second fiddle at comic con, this year is nothing new lol. Especially when they specifically said they were only showing their 2022 releases. I still think it would be cool to show a small sizzle reel of stuff coming next year and of course it would be great if Cavill was there but I think best case maybe something via video or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I agree.

I wonder if he shows up via a video or whatever? Again, I don’t have high hopes for anything but I guess we’ll see. 

He's not showing up. The panel will just be the Shazam and Black Adam casts, trailers for them, possibly the first official picture of Blue Beetle and an overall sizzle reel to start. Nothing more than that.