CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

5 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Grace Randolph trying to convince people that Henry has only signed on for one more camero and this post was him trying to drum up online support to pressure WBD into giving him a new movie 

Ya makes sense, that’s why WB and DC shared his post on social media. She’s such an idiot. He may not technically have a new “deal” signed yet for a solo movie but he doesn’t need to drum up support at this point. I’m honestly amazed she has fans still. 

• Like 2

I like this 

Filmmaker Snyder sent in a video question from the set of his Netflix movie Rebel Moon, asking Cavill to reflect on their early flying scenes, and ending the video by noting, “I can’t wait to work with you again.”

Cavill responded by thanking the director: “He’s a lovely man, and I am enormously appreciative for everything he’s done for me. … Those are formative memories of mine, career wise. It is when everything changed. I remember them fondly. … Zack if you are watching … thank you, my friend.”

• Like 2

No other comic book movie coming out in the next 5-10 years is gonna be anywhere near as anticipated as this movie.. not even deadpool and wolverine if it’s handled correctly. It needs to be what dark knight was to Batman Begins in terms of hype building and execution. Superman could single handily turn the tide massively in DC’s favour.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 12:40 AM, GOGODanca said:

Grace Randolph trying to convince people that Henry has only signed on for one more camero and this post was him trying to drum up online support to pressure WBD into giving him a new movie 

Her hate filled rants about Henry Cavill make her look even crazier than she did during her peak Jessica Chastain meltdowns 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Dude reportedly made $1 mil per episode for Witcher s2 and still chose to left, either DC gave him a hefty ass pay bump or he was not happy with what the showrunners had planned

I’m sure DC paid up, and I’ll bet he wants to be involved with the development of his Superman movies/roles now. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

Superman is probably coming sooner than we think

This is great news for the MOS sequel. disgrace randolph has already tried to put a negative spin on this on her twitter because she thinks Henry is evil.. what a weirdo! Nothing is stopping this train, bring on Man of Steel 2.

Edited by VENOM

Let's be real -- Cavill was only doing "The Witcher" because Superman wasn't working out over at Warners.  

And yep, money isn't everything to certain people.  Even if Cavill's only signed with development deals over at Warner Bros. right now, it's clear Zaslav (and probably now Gunn/Safran) wanted to prioritize his return to that role.  They're probably giving him an "Executive Producer" credit for any new Superman feature.  

...Unless Chad Stahelski's "Highlander" with Cavill is also set to go next year... A fact I would both love and hate equally. 

:sparta:  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 11:48 PM, ChipDerby said:

I'm iffy on JJ. If they let him leave it open and not make him tie it to anything, I think he'd do great. But if he has to continue something already established or END??? something, no way.

Abrams script for his early 2000s Superman film was complete trash. Keep him away.

3 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Abrams script for his early 2000s Superman film was complete trash. Keep him away.

"Suit in a can!"  "Lex Luthor is actually Kryptonian!"  

Edited by Macleod

9 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Let's be real -- Cavill was only doing "The Witcher" because Superman wasn't working out over at Warners.  

And yep, money isn't everything to certain people.  Even if Cavill's only signed with development deals over at Warner Bros. right now, it's clear Zaslav (and probably now Gunn/Safran) wanted to prioritize his return to that role.  They're probably giving him an "Executive Producer" credit for any new Superman feature.  

...Unless Chad Stahelski's "Highlander" with Cavill is also set to go next year... A fact I would both love and hate equally. 

He was also a fan of the source material and the writers of the show hated the source material.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

He was also a fan of the source material and the writers of the show hated the source material.

Sounds familiar... 

I'll throw out some kind words because of course I'm no Snyder-verse lover, and not really a fan of Cavill, either.  But anything's possible with a different creative vision and I'd be happy for Cavill if he was actually able to achieve something he's probably wanted all these years -- a more hopeful iteration of Superman.  The world needs it.  So I wish him well!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3