CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

The more I thinkk about this, more I am convinced Lois Land inthis will be updated version of the fast talking, really aggresive Women Reporter of the Classic 30's and 40's movies.....

Which ,indicently is who the original comic book Lois was modeled after.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It seems like he is maybe taking shots at his former employers whether intentional or not.

He mentioned last year as well that he won't let any DC projects enter production without a finished script, and that he'll have them delayed if he thinks the script needs more work.

8 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

He mentioned last year as well that he won't let any DC projects enter production without a finished script, and that he'll have them delayed if he thinks the script needs more work.

Which is 100% the right approach.

I am convinced a lot of the problems we see with movies is because they rushed into production without a really finished script.

That does not mean a script cannot be changed during shooting; it means you  go into production with a solid foundation. A lot of films do not,and big problems follow.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2024 at 6:41 AM, dudalb said:

Which is 100% the right approach.

I am convinced a lot of the problems we see with movies is because they rushed into production without a really finished script.

That does not mean a script cannot be changed during shooting; it means you  go into production with a solid foundation. A lot of films do not,and big problems follow.

Having a finished script also prevents a lot of reshoots because you go into production with a clear vision of the project. This saves studios a lot of money. Gunn said that he had had a total of like 1 day worth of reshoots for his past two movies combined.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That's the most comics-accurate depiction of Maxwell Lord possible! Say what you will about how any other DC comics character has been adapted in live action, but they've nailed "rich guy whose characteristics change because we're just going for a generic named rich guy/supervillain." 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, excel1 said:

can fantastic 4 move already so this can bump back a week? thanks 

I still feel like this could or will happen. If they get behind on production or need to work on the visual affects. Why rush F4 just to make a date. It is Marvel's most important movie of the 3 next year.

21 hours ago, excel1 said:

can fantastic 4 move already so this can bump back a week? thanks 

Of course it can.  Marvel can do anything it wants with the release date. It is under no legal obligation to stick with the announced date. Only when the contracts are signed with the theaters does a release date get locked in stone, and that does not happen until a few moths before the release.

Hell, DC put Aquaman 2 back a whole year when was in amuch later state of production then FF is.

Edited by dudalb

On 8/17/2024 at 10:19 AM, PlatnumRoyce said:

That's the most comics-accurate depiction of Maxwell Lord possible! Say what you will about how any other DC comics character has been adapted in live action, but they've nailed "rich guy whose characteristics change because we're just going for a generic named rich guy/supervillain." 

Uh I would say they pretty much blew it with Lord in WW2.