Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Hey, give Liam Hemsworth some credit, he plays the character with amazing accuracy. Gale's every bit as interesting as a block of wood in the books too.

And yeah, there's really not much of a "triangle" in the books or movies. If you don't know who she romantically loves and who she loves in a brotherly sense by now you haven't paid attention at all.

• Like 6

• Community Manager

For the record though there isn't a love triangle!

Not like the overblown one in Twilight..Katniss is connected to both Peeta and Gale, but like water said they don't make a big thing out of it at all.

How is that a good thing? The love triangle could have served the narrative a lot more if Gale wasn't such an afterthought.

Love triangles can be a huge asset in young adult fiction assuming the end goal isn't to announce that two of the characters were really siblings the entire time (LOOKING AT YOU STAR WARS).

• Like 5

Yes they do.

She has the entire

I'm going to lose both of them

scene at the end of this film.

Well she cares about them, and already has lost so much. She was worried more not because of the love triangle which isn't that apparent, but knowing Snow would probably kill them both. Katniss values them as people, not love objects. Unlike Twilight I'd have to say

How is that a good thing? The love triangle could have served the narrative a lot more if Gale wasn't such an afterthought.

Love triangles can be a huge asset in young adult fiction assuming the end goal isn't to announce that two of the characters were really siblings the entire time (LOOKING AT YOU STAR WARS).

People get all ansy about them, and unfortunately look to Twilight because of the whole YA franchise stereotyping which I see.

I don't find anything wrong with love triangles, I just hate the comparison to Twilight :lol:

I feel like they tend to suck more often than not. Usually it's either painfully obvious who the girl/guy loves (THG) or some stupid plot device is pulled out of nowhere to clear it up (Star Wars). Gone With the Wind has a great love triangle that is at the core of understanding the story and the characters themselves. Can't think of too many others where it really added that.

• Like 1

Sorry but young adult fiction remains a great kind of fiction: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Marvel, Star Wars...

this is a misunderstanding, because trust me referring to fanboy-driven franchises like star wars as being the same genre as the hunger games is one of my favorite things in this world

Edited by water
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Those franchises may have been created as young adult fiction, but they attracted more than just young adults.

So? Young adult fiction targets young adults but it's not exclusive towards them. In fact, it's usually when they fail to attract more than just young adults that they tend to flop.

Like Ender's Game (the movie only, the book isn't really YA).

• Like 1

one of my other favorite things in the world is when antovolk is nowhere to be seen in a thread for hours but then there's just one random post saying something about interstellar being better than mockingjay and he likes it lmaoo

• Like 2