Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I'm pretty certain CGI Walker will be a big draw.

I'm not kidding.

Not really. The only people who really cared about Paul Walker knew him from Fast and Furious - and I have a feeling Fast and Furious fans might be watching F7 either way ;)

People try to compare him to Heath Ledger but it's just not the same, Ledger was a diverse actor who was in the public spotlight. Plus, Ledger only died a few months before TDK, whereas Walker died 1.5 years before Furious 7.

• Like 1

Here's what went wrong: The film was split into two parts and the first part consists mostly of people dying or cowering in fear with very little sense of forward movement. It's not a particularly exciting movie and I can certainly imagine why fans may not have shown up the way they did before. 

It's the same thing that happened with DH1, though imo that was far more successful in its execution.

Not really. The only people who really cared about Paul Walker knew him from Fast and Furious - and I have a feeling Fast and Furious fans might be watching F7 either way ;)

People try to compare him to Heath Ledger but it's just not the same, Ledger was a diverse actor who was in the public spotlight. Plus, Ledger only died a few months before TDK, whereas Walker died 1.5 years before Furious 7.

True but Walker was much liked by the younger demo's and people who normally would not be on the internet talkinga bout films. 

@BoxOffice  3m3 minutes ago
FOXCATCHER took in an estimated $474,339 from 24 locations. Domestic total stands at $0.82m. #Foxcatcher

Let's go Foxcatcher! Sadly it's too cold and unsettling to click with a wide audience. 
Edited by Boogie Nights

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  · 2m2 minutes ago 

Top intl openings for #Mockingjay: UK $19.9M, Germany $13.7M, Mexico $12.1M, Russia $11.1M, France $10.5M, Australia $10.1M.

Stunning openings all around.

Also, lol at D&DT's drop. That shit won't come close to 100M. 

• Like 1