Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Baumer, 125 is big but it is a disappointing number for a franchise which is coming off a critical and box office reception high in both cases it dropped considerably. In reviews it dropped 20 % and in box office it dropped 30 million on ow just a year after the highly acclaimed and well recieved cf. There is no two ways about it that if you look at it as a standalone it's good with ok reviews but as a franchisee it's a disappointing that it's even lower than the first movie which was a unknown to many movie goers and had less theaters than this

This Does justify a concern and a question that needs to be asked: what went wrong

Us. End of story.

• Like 1

Having read the books Pt. 1 is about what I was expecting, mostly set up for what will come in Pt. 2.

I disagree with those saying it should have been a stand alone movie as the big problem with the book was it felt rushed with a lot of parts quickly glossed over. I'm not a fan of splitting a book into 2 movies, usually this results in a lot of "padding", but MJ really needed to be fleshed out more to be more coherent. The 2nd part should be a wild ride and an emotional roller coaster as it has almost all the action.

• Like 4

Does anyone think the OW of this movie could hinder the OW of part 2? Lets say part 2 (was) destined to open to 180, but now that part 1 has opened to 123(ish) is it possible that now part 2 will have a lower ceiling, even if it has an awesome marketing campaign and great reviews?

Does anyone think the OW of this movie could hinder the OW of part 2? Lets say part 2 (was) destined to open to 180, but now that part 1 has opened to 123(ish) is it possible that now part 2 will have a lower ceiling, even if it has an awesome marketing campaign and great reviews?

This honestly gives me less faith in the fan base in general. Before this opened I though Mockingjay part 2 was destined to gross 450M, now I'm questioning whether or no it well out gross Catching Fire or maybe even Hunger Games.

• Like 1

Interesting question.

This honestly gives me less faith in the fan base in general. Before this opened I though Mockingjay part 2 was destined to gross 450M, now I'm questioning whether or no it well out gross Catching Fire or maybe even Hunger Games.

A lot of people that I know didn't like Mockingjay at all.

I still haven't read the books. Can someone tell me what to expect in Part II?

Story wise? I could give you basically what happens, I don't remember too clearly.

They better not fuck up the ending though

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Story wise? I could give you basically what happens, I don't remember too clearly.

They better not fuck up the ending though

Yes, please. Do we need spoiler tags for that?

And please include what you think would be the money shots.

From what I've been able to determine this is being received better than Hunger Games but not as good as Catching Fire, is that accurate?

Depends who you ask. RT has this lower than HG and CF.

I've read most of MockingJay, but I avoided the last 50 or so pages so I could walk into part 2 next year not knowing exactly how it ends.

DUMB AND DUMBER TO took in an estimated $13.8M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $57.45M. #DumbAndDumberTo

DUMB & DUMBER TO took a -62% hit this weekend w/ $13.8M, $57M total.

THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING took in an estimated $1.50M from 140 locations. Domestic total stands at $2.79M. #TheTheoryOfEverything

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

Depends who you ask. RT has this lower than HG and CF.

I've read most of MockingJay, but I avoided the last 50 or so pages so I could walk into part 2 next year not knowing exactly how it ends.

Based in the people I've talked to they actually liked this, most of us here despised Hunger Games ( I found it quite Meg myself)

The ending is the best part.

• Like 1