ACCA

Sony Pictures Hacked

The moment I've been waiting for, Jolie's side of the Cleopatra e-mails leak.

Yeah she sure comes across as a huge diva bitch here. :rolleyes:

Rudin is a total mysoginist queen, like an ADFer with power.

http://defamer.gawker.com/angelinas-cleopatra-catastrophe-the-other-side-of-sony-1671986317?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

• Like 1

I don't have the time to read the long ass article, but what did he said?

Basically it's a series of e-mails between Jolie, Rudin, and Pascal about the development of Cleopatra - script tweaks, director choice, aesthetics (should she be bald for the role?) etc. Jolie makes a comment about how she's studying films of certain directors to help narrow down the field and Rudin will private reply to Pascal only with bitchy comments like "she's out of her mind" "kill me now", etc, but won't say anything negative to her face.

Angelina comes off as very professional and dedicated and the other two, Rudin especially, come off as illiterate high school gossipers.

• Like 1

Basically it's a series of e-mails between Jolie, Rudin, and Pascal about the development of Cleopatra - script tweaks, director choice, aesthetics (should she be bald for the role?) etc. Jolie makes a comment about how she's studying films of certain directors to help narrow down the field and Rudin will private reply to Pascal only with bitchy comments like "she's out of her mind" "kill me now", etc, but won't say anything negative to her face.

Angelina comes off as very professional and dedicated and the other two, Rudin especially, come off as illiterate high school gossipers.

But why did you call Rudin misogynist?
  • Like 1

But why did you call Rudin misogynist?

General catty attitude towards women. The way he shit talks Jolie without actually confronting her, the way he condescends and talks down to Pascal, he shows a pattern of this kind of behavior and is probably one of those producers that pines for the olden days where the actress just shuts up and sits down in the make up chair.

The way he shit talks Jolie without actually confronting her

Jolie is one the biggest stars in the world and Rudin is just a producer.

Maybe talking to Jolie is like walking on eggshells. Remember, we're seeing just one side of the story here.

misogynist is too of a strong word just because was rude to two women

Edited by Goffe Ascending
  • Like 1

Jolie is one the biggest stars in the world and Rudin is just a producer.

Maybe talking to Jolie is like walking on eggshells. Remember, we're seeing just one side of the story here.

Not really, she seems pretty cordial and professional in her correspondences.

Regarding Scorsese as director:

Amazing news. I am in edit and only half way through but so far I see that yes it's still long but it's strong and smart and with intrigue and sensuality. I love all the characters and feel it's more focused. Any director in their righting will be happy that it will not be hard to trim and that he will have a say in what stays.

It's all very exciting.

Let me know if there is anything I should be doing. Like getting on a plane and begging Marty xxx

Sent from my iPhone

And her reaction to the suggestion about focusing on the Shakespearean love drama (which warranted Rudin's "out of her mind" response)- doesn't seem like egomania or diva behavior to me.

I have just joined the email exchange. Above all I'm thrilled to hear the passion you both continue to have for this. I would say however that I don't think it's as off as you both do. I think making it a love story could undermined the female leadership and epic that we have built. I just got an email from a smaller director friend I love and trust who understands that it needs to streamline and shorten but was so taken by how well constructed and timely it is. All the things we always wanted it to be and nothing less. The person went on and on about it

I think we need a good script editor to work with Eric. He's open or will do with me. He knows we need to make it shorter to not be as intimidating. And I think we continue to discuss with great directors.

My point is that we have done something special and I don't think we should adjust course but streamline and clarify and hold strong.

But of course, I'm open to all discussions.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn

This whole hacking saga has gone from hilarious to downright sad with The Interview being pulled, possibly never to see the light of day. There is no way Amy Pascal isn't no longer working for Sony in a few months.

Do you think it's really due to a credible terrorist threat, or like many have suggested, that it's more cost effective for Sony to just collect on the insurance? Either way it's yucky.

Do you think it's really due to a credible terrorist threat, or like many have suggested, that it's more cost effective for Sony to just collect on the insurance? Either way it's yucky.

It could be anything since I doubt we have the full story. Either way, it just sets a really spooky precedent, never seen anything like it in all my years of actively following movies.

• Like 1

Not really, she seems pretty cordial and professional in her correspondences.

Regarding Scorsese as director:

And her reaction to the suggestion about focusing on the Shakespearean love drama (which warranted Rudin's "out of her mind" response)- doesn't seem like egomania or diva behavior to me.

I read the article and Rudin's "out of her mind" was a private email to Pascal. For all we know, he was also acting cordial and professional towards Jolie.

we're still seeing just one side of the story. If we had access to Jolie private stuff about this, only then I would say that we would be getting both sides.

• Like 2

I read the article and Rudin's "out of her mind" was a private email to Pascal. For all we know, he was also acting cordial and professional towards Jolie.

we're still seeing just one side of the story. If we had access to Jolie private stuff about this, only then I would say that we would be getting both sides.

It is not unusual in a Corp. environment for colleagues to use private email/PMs to replace what in the past would be spur of the moment offhand verbal comments.

Just yesterday during a conference call a colleague I've worked with for over 15 years  IMed me asking why xxx wasn't speaking up and my reply was: 'gutless'.

If just our PMs were released publicly it would put me in a bad light.

However the public would be missing the context of the call we were on... the history of all the people involved... and the planning meeting we had just had the day before talking about how we'd handle the conference call.

The impression people would have from the PMs is that I have absolutely no respect for xxx while in fact just the opposite is true.  I know he has little experience dealing with executives and he'll now find out the hard way what happens when you don't correct their fantasy.

In a public setting I would have conveyed my feelings a little more politely however I don't find the need to be overly verbal with my colleague in private.

So I always take released private communications with a grain of salt because I know I'm seeing them out of context.

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 3

Believe it or not but this no surprise about Rudin.

Even if you don t believe me, Rudin has actually a worse reputation than Harvey Weinstein. Weinstein has his assolish moments but he s fairly good in general. Plus, Weinstein cannot be that big of a monster when every actress in Hollywood of the past 25 years has been a Harvey girl, he must have his ways with the ladies.

Rudin is an ass, even if brilliant in his field. All his emails reveal a superiority complex.

Nobody s perfect though.