Olive

Official Weekend Est: MJ1 56.9M Penguins 25.8m BH6 18.77m Interstellar 15.8M

Why is a Puss sequel scheduled like 8 years after the first anyways? The first was such a low key hit that you'd think they would have rushed a sequel out if they had any intentions of doing one. 8 years seems like insta-death for that movie.

I don't care the movie can bomb and DreamWorks Animation can die in a hell hole but I need that movie.

Lol, that is quite the strange "coincidence." Maybe you're on to something.

I think it's pretty obvious that the teenage and young adult crowd was really into the first Kung-Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon.

Edited by Pokearcher

Why is a Puss sequel scheduled like 8 years after the first anyways? The first was such a low key hit that you'd think they would have rushed a sequel out if they had any intentions of doing one. 8 years seems like insta-death for that movie.

I guess they didnt know they'd have a string of disapointments lined up for them so they pushed it to then thinking they were guaranteed a hit. Not so much anymore though. They REALLY need a big hit to save them from limbo at this point.
  • Like 2

I don't care the movie can bomb and DreamWorks Animation can die in a hell hole but I need that movie.

I am guessing they are going to cancel it. Dreamworks should go back to one movie a year and combine there staff to keep the best that they have and can the rest and hire new people. 

• Like 1

Good point. Though Puss did do really well OS.
  • Like 1

It seems as if though Disney and Pixar kind of have a new shtick coming in 2016. 2 Pixar movies in 2015, 2 Disney movies and 1 pixar film in 2016, 2 Pixar films and 1 disney film in 2017 and so on and so forth. It could potentially work. The year where each have two slots, one of them could be a sequel and the other could be an original film. I kind of like that idea a bit.

• Like 1

There may be something to be said of the fact they were able to get Shrek 2 out just 3 years after the first. That's lightning speed in animation time, and I honestly don't know how they even did that and had it turn out as well as it did. Even Pixar needed 4 years for TS2 and they said they were crazy rushed for that movie.