A Marvel Fanboy

Dreamworks Animation: What Went Wrong?

:lol: Yeah I remember clearly now. iEye gets in a discussion, escalates it by getting heated, acts innocent when he gets called out on it ("what? Just a friendly discussion if you disregard my cursing"), plays the victim because of all the Pixar meanies picking on him, make sure he gets the last word. So far so good?So what was "wrong" about what I said then?

I've read it. You guys started off with the disagreement, you got a little heated so it escalated, you threw in the whole "stop comparing it to Delgo" to show how mean tribe was being again, then you never really answered tribe at the end when it sounded like you both agreed on the rankings of Pixar and DWA in the first place.Wasn't even commenting on the content. I was commenting on the playbook, which is straight out of 2007.

Edited by whoot

I brought up "Delgo" to mean DW isn't the 99th ranking company in the animated field. Of course, you took that and misread it and twisted it to mean something else.Thanks for being objective.Edit: I know you'd like to me to say Pixar is the best but IMO it isn't true anymore. All you have to do is look at the last couple of years to prove my point. The slate of DW is more interesting but Pixar's is into sequels now (something JL made fun of DW for back then).Edit2: Let me be clear, I'm not saying DW is the better studio either, we should judge their next movies on their merits and not by who made them.

Edited by iEye
  • Like 1

There was a screening of parts of "The Croods" and "Turbo yesterday.Here is what GerryDales tweeted: Upcoming Dreamworks animateds all look great. Croods is first, and the 20 min clip was fun and gorgeous. But I thought Turbo looks better.

TURBO was better. I'm surprised.

Maybe. But the quantity is definitely on DW's side.With only one sorry flick a year Pixar is not ALLOWED misfires. And it already had one of the worst sequels I've seen (Cars 2, of course) which has me horrified at the prospect of Monsters 2 and Nemo 2.Fortunately I loved Brave. But I'm not seeing anything worth loving on their plate (save maybe the dinosaur flick). So it seems DW is gaining the upper hand - if it's only with quantity.

I still think that CARS ll is way better than most of DW films.I am excited though about DW's upcoming films. I love computer animated movies...with great stories.Nothing would beat my anticipation though on Pixar's THE BIG DINOSAUR.

I brought up "Delgo" to mean DW isn't the 99th ranking company in the animated field. Of course, you took that and misread it and twisted it to mean something else.

Thanks for being objective.

Edit: I know you'd like to me to say Pixar is the best but IMO it isn't true anymore. All you have to do is look at the last couple of years to prove my point. The slate of DW is more interesting but Pixar's is into sequels now (something JL made fun of DW for back then).

Edit2: Let me be clear, I'm not saying DW is the better studio either, we should judge their next movies on their merits and not by who made them.

So what is "true" now?

TURBO was better. I'm surprised.

I don't think much of the movie was shown so its to early to tell. I don't know the guy who tweeted but its possible that he's a car racing fan so that could influence his opinion. I'll wait for more before getting excited.Edit: Here is another tweet from MarioAndretti who said: "At DreamWorks @DWAnimation doing voiceover for animated film "Turbo" coming out next summer. You will love it. Fun! ..."http://twitter.com/M...9599744/photo/1Again, as I said before it makes sense that he would say what he did, because of who he is. Edited by iEye
  • Like 1