grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Tele to RPO:

Hide contents

The great underrated thing here is Ed Asner trying not to crack up at the coming joke and failing miserably. :rofl:

Reminds me of those old Carol Burnett shows where Tim Conway just fucks with the other actors and gets them to break. :rofl: 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

I enjoyed the book when I read it... five years ago. But I'm realizing my tastes have changed since then.

A lot can happen in five years. Not surprise there. 

1 minute ago, HerediTele said:

Reminds me of those old Carol Burnett shows where Tim Conway just fucks with the other actors and gets them to break. :rofl: 

I watched a few episodes of The Carol Burnett show that I got from the library a few months ago. The Oldest Man is a great hilarious skit character. Conway is a straight-up treasure. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

AI is tremendous and that includes the ending. Don't let Chewy's uglass fool ya Kiwi.

Nah. I kinda get ppl who like it but I'm a firm "no" on that one. Doesn't belong

• Like 1

i don't vibe with dummies who don't like the ending of A.I. one of the most beautiful heartbreaking endings in cinema and probably 'berg's very best.

and the ending of War of the Worlds is fiiiiine as well. goku lives whatever that's too inconsequential for me to get mad at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Nah. I kinda get ppl who like it but I'm a firm "no" on that one. Doesn't belong

Eh, I'm a sucker for bittersweet conclusions. Put one in any movie and it'll make me satisfied. And this one also has a lot of emotional pathos and warm fuzzies, another thing I'm a sucker for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Eh, I'm a sucker for bittersweet conclusions. Put one in any movie and it'll make me satisfied. And this one also has a lot of emotional pathos and warm fuzzies, another thing I'm a sucker for.

It's already bittersweet underwater tho. Doubling down in a way it doesn't need to, to reinforce a point it already made

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

1. A.I.

2. E.T.

3. Close Encounters

4. Jaws

5. Catch Me If You Can

the top 5 endings. DISPUTE THIS. bridge of spies would be on here but it's like one minute too long end it with tom hanks on the bed and it's an A+ ending.

Raiders has a pretty good ending.

Spoiler

Also The Post. The little Watergate cliffhanger always makes me smile whenever I think about it. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Raiders has a pretty good ending.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The Journalism Cinematic Universe is gonna be lit. 

• Like 1