Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

You watched it for the first time?!?! Nice! What are your thoughts? :)

I really enjoyed it! I wouldn't call it one of the best films of an era, but it certainly was influential. It shows its age at some parts, but the scene where 

the alien is "born"

is as eerily terrifying and incredible as people say! :)

So, now Aliens? Remember to watch it in drectors cut, if possible! ;) Only few mild changes, but good ones. And one of the best scene is only in directors cut, which is almost unbelievable.

That remote controled machine guns scene.

Aside from

Ripley finding out her daughter has died much older than her while she was drifting in stasis, a set-up for her character motivation later on when she takes care of Newt like her own daughter that drives home the motherhood theme underneath

, the theater cut is way better.

That prologue on the colony is nice and all but it totally ruins the suspense right away and we aren't as tight-gripped to the seat alongside the space marines when they discover and explore the remains. We see through their eyes and Ripley's trying to piece what the hell happened in this haunting place. It's more grueling to imagine and watch events unfold with the protagonists and not ahead of them. The remote controlled machine guns is cool but the idea works gangbusters on screen without actually showing it, just show the characters reacting to the scanner being over-filled with flood of aliens signals outnumbering them and the sound of the machineguns far away that can't contain them is more thrilling. Less is more in that case.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 2

Yes, lets continue from where we left off...finding the Engineers on their home planet.

I'm ready for this!!

I think the engineers planet won't be until 3. I read somewhere they are taking this second one to earth (and Shaw possibly dies?). Apparently the alien ship Shaw is or was in is gunned down. This was a rumor I heard.