Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Space biscuit on an earlier page you posted that Alien on the wall, how was that there if the Alien hasn't been created yet? I know you posted that pic but what was that for?

He seems to be posting a lot of random things, but that Alien sculpture on the wall overlooking the Black Goo canisters/mystery green crystal thing in the film clearly means the one that hatched at the end of the film wasn't the first or a "proto" Alien, same with facehugger that raped the Engineer.  The sculpture on the wall also doesn't look anything like a queen like a lot of people seemed to think right off the bat when the movie came out if you look closely.

The film is very vague and ambiguous about it, but it seems that the Xenomorph was created by the Engineers. Why it was created we don't know, but the film seems to indicate that something involving the Xenomorphs caused the Engineer panic we saw in the hologram displays.

As for the very complicated, by chance process that leads to the creation of the quasi-Xenomorph at the end. How the Facehugger gestated from holloway getting dosed to sexual contact (way too random to be designed, at least if there is any chance to be taken seriously) with Shaw I won't even attempt to make sense of, but it does seem that since the Engineers and Humans share loads of DNA (but not everything because if they did then Humans would look exactly like Engineers) a Xenomorph birthed through the imperfect, haphazard process done in the film and one born from an Engineer rather than a human would look different in appearance than the infant Xenomorph birthed from Kane in Alien, Ripley in Alien 3, etc.

The film is very vague and ambiguous about it, but it seems that the Xenomorph was created by the Engineers. Why it was created we don't know, but the film seems to indicate that something involving the Xenomorphs caused the Engineer panic we saw in the hologram displays.

As for the very complicated, by chance process that leads to the creation of the quasi-Xenomorph at the end. How the Facehugger gestated from holloway getting dosed to sexual contact (way too random to be designed, at least if there is any chance to be taken seriously) with Shaw I won't even attempt to make sense of, but it does seem that since the Engineers and Humans share loads of DNA (but not everything because if they did then Humans would look exactly like Engineers) a Xenomorph birthed through the imperfect, haphazard process done in the film and one born from an Engineer rather than a human would look different in appearance than the infant Xenomorph birthed from Kane in Alien, Ripley in Alien 3, etc.

Check out the extras on the Blu-ray. there's a section called the Weyland files. There's a report about Shaw and her discoveries. In one of the paragraphs he talks about how his companies scientists discovered a faint signal coming from another nearby planet designated LV-426. Sound familiar? He talks about wanting to check this signal out an see what it means. So clearly the entry is talking about the ship that's crashed on LV-426 from Alien and Aliens. These reports were done before they left on the expedition in the movie. Most likely crashing there around the same time as what ever happened to the Engineers that they find all dead in the movie.Obviously, the xeno as we know it from Alien must have already existed. It's just not something that's explained in the movie itself.

Space biscuit on an earlier page you posted that Alien on the wall, how was that there if the Alien hasn't been created yet? I know you posted that pic but what was that for?

The Deacon was known about/created eons ago.

Did you read my explanation on the other page?

Edited by space biscuit

due to some bullshit that the film didn't bother trying to explain.

It did explain it. As Ridley said all of the information is in the film.

He just didn't spoonfeed us. Watch a Nolan film if you need everything explained to you through bloaded exposition.

Biscuit has made up his mind that Prometheus is the most perfect, most flawless movie of the last 20 years.

Too bad I've named flaws in it. Funny how you literally have to lie to get a point across.

Prometheus was a success. Haters are the minority by both Audience and Critic opinion.

Even when having the answers explained to you like a child you reject them out of nonhumility. You've "made up your mind" to hate anything greater than yourself. What a poor audience member. So psychotic we can't even discuss the sequel in the sequel thread without you bawwwing and slitting your wrists because the previous instalment that was beyond you

Edited by space biscuit

So can we all conclude that basically, this poster who refers to him or herself as Space Biscuit is really iJack based on how he or she defends the shit out of PROMETHEUS, much like how iJack defended TASM???

No it is just an Alien fanboy.

Prometheus Collector's Edition contains over 7 hours of extra material:

---------------------

Movie languages: English, English descriptive, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Ukrainian

Movie subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Estonian, Hindi, Latvian, Lithuanian, Tamil, Telugu, Ukrainian

Movie commentary subtitles (for both commentary tracks): English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish

Extras subtitles: English, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish

Deleted/alternate scenes commentary subtitles: English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish

COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR/PRODUCER RIDLEY SCOTT

COMMENTARY BY WRITER JON SPAIHTS AND WRITER/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER DAMON LINDELOF

DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES (play all, 36:51)

(Optional commentary by editor Pietro Scalia and visual effects supervisor Richard Stammers ON/OFF)

(Detailed menu text description for each scene)

1. Arrival of the engineers.... 2:412. T'is the season............. 1:073. Our first alien............. 0:514. Skin........................ 0:515. We're not alone anymore..... 1:326. Strange bedfellows.......... 3:117. Holloway hangover........... 1:358. David's objective........... 0:319. Janek fills Vickers in...... 3:4310. A king has his reign....... 3:5611. Fifield attacks............ 2:1412. The engineer speaks........ 4:2313. Final battle............... 5:5114. Paradise................... 5:20

THE PETER WEYLAND FILES (play all, 18:57)

(Also includes multiple text pages for each section)

1. Quiet eye: Elizabeth Shaw... 2:37 EXTENDED2. Happy birthday, David....... 2:283. Prometheus transmission..... 7:08 EXTENDED4. TED conference, 2023........ 6:58 EXTENDED

Prometheus: Weyland Corp Archive (mobile app)

(EXCLUSIVE TO THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION)------------------------------------------------

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Chinese, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Thai

THE FURIOUS GODS: MAKING PROMETHEUS (play all, 3:40:56)

(Optional enhancement pods shortcut on screen ON/OFF)

1. Conquest of paradise: renewing the story.......... 19:292. Under the pyramid: LV-223......................... 25:433. Reverse engineering: USCSS Prometheus............. 17:264. The human manifest: casting and costumes.......... 25:415. A world without green: Pinewood studios, 2011..... 24:196. Demons in the dark: creature design............... 28:087. Hazard pay: stunts and action..................... 24:508. Fire from the sky: visual effects................. 24:359. Prometheus unbound: post-production and release... 30:4210. Enhancement pods (play all, 1:10:54)   1. The title conundrum........................ 2:38   2. Prometheus: the board game................. 3:23   3. Sexburster................................. 1:53   4. Knick knacks of tomorrow................... 4:44   5. Fun with molecular gastronomy.............. 6:14   6. Building better logos...................... 2:21   7. Maker's mark............................... 1:58   8. The ampule shoppe.......................... 2:09   9. Gigeresque................................. 3:57   10. Language of the gods...................... 3:57   11. First exposure: alien..................... 5:47   12. Body mechanics: trilobite................. 1:09   13. Xenomorphology: the deacon................ 1:26   14. Constrictive construction................. 2:01   15. Chair fetish.............................. 4:05   16. One day in Africa......................... 1:54   17. Location: Iceland......................... 3:34   18. The art of terraforming................... 1:35   19. Battle of the planets: LV-223 VS LV-426... 3:17   20. All things holographic.................... 6:18   21. Weyland's wet dream....................... 2:39   22. The case of the fanfic fake............... 2:32   23. Mergning Ridleyverses..................... 1:03

WEYLAND CORP ARCHIVE

Includes galleries containing a vast amount of images.

1. Pre-production a) The art of Prometheus I) Ridleygrams   * Scenes   * Misc sketches   * White board sketches   * Visual effects notes II) Giger & Guatin III) Conceptual art   * Prologue   * Mars/excavation   * Int. Prometheus   * Vickers' suite   * Ext. Prometheus   * LV-223   * Pyramid   * Int. Juggernaut   * Final battle IV) Costume design V) Creatures   * Early concept   * Engineers   * Worms/hammerpede   * Mutations: Holloway and Fifield   * Med-pod creature/trilobite   * The deacon VI) Vehicles VII) Props VIII) Logos & patches

Pre-vis (play all, 25:47) I) Prologue.................... 4:09 II) Discovering the planet..... 1:18 III) Med-pod: PG-13 version.... 4:24 IV) Med-pod: R version......... 4:20 V) Awaking the engineer........ 6:45 VI) Prometheus VS Juggernaut... 4:50

2. Production a) Screen tests I) Noomi Rapace as "Shaw"........ 9:55 II) Costume/make-up/hair test... 11:28 (Optional commentary by the cast ON/OFF)   Timelapse sequence: Juggernaut...... 1:51   (Optional commentary by prod. designer Arthur Max ON/OFF) c) Unit photography I) Prometheus II) Pyramid III) Juggernaut IV) Creature shop V) Iceland

3. Release a) Marketing gallery I) Poster explorations II) Key art Trailers and TV-spots I) Trailers * US teaser * US trailer * International teaser * International trailer II) TV-spots * "In 3 days..." promo * "In 2 days..." promo * "In 1 days..." promo * Trailer announcements * Post trailer * Invitation * Story/event * Story/young male/B * Trailer cutdown * Star/Vickers * Star/David * Star/action/combo * Star/thousands * Arrived * Explain * Story/event P/S alt * Agenda * Star map hard * Feel * Extinction * Star map softer RS * Story character soft RS * Star map soft OZ * Story character OZ * Star map soft * Story character S/B * Trailer E cutdown soft * Trailer E cutdown

III) Promotional featurettes (play all, 18:43) * 30 years in the making * Creation * International creation * Space travel * Noomi Rapace on Shaw * Shaw * Visions of Prometheus * Logan on Holloway * Charlize on Vickers

IV) HBO First Look: Prometheus... 12:03

4. Prometheus: Weyland Corp Archive (mobile app)

Edited by space biscuit

Even when having the answers explained to you like a child you reject them out of nonhumility. You've "made up your mind" to hate anything greater than yourself. What a poor audience member. So psychotic we can't even discuss the sequel in the sequel thread without you bawwwing and slitting your wrists because the previous instalment that was beyond you

:rofl:

This guy is hilarious.

• Like 1

The rushed feeling of immediately having to move from point A to B (editing I guess? the movie needed at least another 30 min to breathe)

& the stupid characters (okay if its a silly B movie slasher, not okay if its a $150m Ridley Scott movie)

are not petty or irrelevant IMO.

That being said, I liked Prometheus as well.

Edited by The Stingray

The rushed feeling of immediately having to move from point A to B (editing I guess? the movie needed at least another 30 min to breathe)

& the stupid characters (okay if its a silly B movie slasher, not okay if its a $150m Ridley Scott movie)

are not petty or irrelevant IMO.

You're welcome to browse through the hundreds of pages of the original thread if you want to see some of my thoughts, but I'll keep it brief here.

-I do agree the film could have stood an extra 20 minutes or so. It didn't severely hinder my enjoyment.

-There are a few legitimate criticisms on this front, but for the most part this is people failing to see why people would act oddly in such a bizarre situation.

You're welcome to browse through the hundreds of pages of the original thread if you want to see some of my thoughts, but I'll keep it brief here.

-I do agree the film could have stood an extra 20 minutes or so. It didn't severely hinder my enjoyment.

-There are a few legitimate criticisms on this front, but for the most part this is people failing to see why people would act oddly in such a bizarre situation.

I don't know. To me there was way too much stupid shit going on.

- The archaeologist/paleontologist's reaction to seeing the Space Jockey corpses. I mean, wasn't that what you came for?

- His, as silly, buddy wanting to pet the freaky looking space cobra.

- Holloway hitting the bottle and being miserable after having just made the biggest discovery in history!

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 1

I was watching Evolution the other day and at one point the David Duchovny and Orlando Jones characters break back into the cavern containing all the aliens after the military has sealed it off. The scene plays out almost exactly like when Fifield and Millburn try to pat the alien in Prometheus. Only difference was Evolution was supposedly a comedy.

• Like 2