Ethan Hunt

top 50 films for the half decade; Kalo's list begins! (pg. 45)

It's a decent list. But you still should branch out from all the big blockbusters.

why? so he can watch all the indie shit you lot all overrate? Every time some indie film get a load of praise on this site, I watch it and it turns out to be complete crap. Im looking at you Babadook....

Its like you all feel special being in the minority who likes this films with hidden meaning whilst the rest of us actually want to enjoy the films we watch and not simply just admire them.

• Like 1

why? so he can watch all the indie shit you lot all overrate? Every time some indie film get a load of praise on this site, I watch it and it turns out to be complete crap. Im looking at you Babadook....

Its like you all feel special being in the minority who likes this films with hidden meaning whilst the rest of us actually want to enjoy the films we watch and not simply just admire them.

tumblr_lsuqa1XYc51qlzlgo.gif

image.jpg

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

why? so he can watch all the indie shit you lot all overrate? Every time some indie film get a load of praise on this site, I watch it and it turns out to be complete crap. Im looking at you Babadook....

Yeah, fuck us for watching and liking movies that aren't popular!

• Like 5

Wow, I'm sorry but this comment just makes you look like a bit of jerk. Just saying.
  • Like 4

You dismiss movies that are independent so readily as hipster fodder and then say that people who do like them are incapable of simply enjoying movies? Maybe, and holy shit this is going to blow your mind, they like a different kind of movie than you do.

Don't even bother reading the rest of my list if you think it's just hipster fodder. There are only 7 movies that grossed over $200m in my top 60, and 5 of them are animated.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

The notion that you should branch out from just blockbusters makes complete sense. You can miss out on some really good films - just as you can miss out on good films if you only watched indie films. That's not to say that all indie films are good, but there's nothing that makes blockbusters inherently better, so it seems silly to ignore so many films.

And movies can be judged both on how enjoyable they are, and how good they are, and I don't see an issue with either (or both). If you just want to watch big spectacle films then fine, stick to your blockbusters. But there are plenty of smaller films which are highly enjoyable, and aren't just there as something to admire.

• Like 1

Um, yeah it is.

He's basically saying "watch movies the way I want you to watch them."

Uh no im not, I'm saying that indie movies tend to be overrated because less people have seen them therefore people feel the need to over exaggerate their greatness to entice people to see the movie and all it ends up doing is leaving us disappointed. What part of my posts indicates that I want you to watch films the way I do? You've literally twisted my words.

You dismiss movies that are independent so readily as hipster fodder and then say that people who do like them are incapable of simply enjoying movies? Maybe, and holy shit this is going to blow your mind, they like a different kind of movie than you do.

Don't even bother reading the rest of my list if you think it's just hipster fodder. There are only 7 movies that grossed over $200m in my top 60, and 5 of them are animated.

I don't dismiss movies that aren't popular, just simply saying a lot of people on this site overrate movies that aren't popular, which is true. Big blockbusters get nit picked to death but that doesn't seen to be the case with indie films. Snowpiecer is a great example here, so much in that film made no fucking sense but no-one bothers to nitpick it but we all know if it was the highest grossing movie of the year people would tear it apart.

Wow, I'm sorry but this comment just makes you look like a bit of jerk. Just saying.

And you're basically insulting Ethans list, implying he should watch more indie films because you don't completely agree with the list he's come up with yet we all know Ethan likes his big budget blockbusters so just leave him to it. Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

I'll go when Spaghetti finishes. It might technically end up being top 51 or 52, depending on what I see between start and finish.

Who's doing lists:

Ethan Hunt

Spaghetti

Panda

Lisa

Treeroy

CoolioD1??

KaloVisor

DAJK

Rorschach

Noctis

If some if you guys wanna switch order or something at some point that can probably be arranged.

;)

• Like 1

why? so he can watch all the indie shit you lot all overrate? Every time some indie film get a load of praise on this site, I watch it and it turns out to be complete crap. Im looking at you Babadook....

a couple of days ago, i saw one of the best films i'd ever seen. i was the eighteenth person to rate it on IMDB. Edited by k1stpierre