The Interview (2014)

38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The issue with me not watching This is the End yet is more that I wanna find some people to watch it with; which is easier said than done

I'd probably like it more than this just on subject matter lol

Personally, I still laughed my ass off on a repeat viewing on my own at 12 am when I was exhausted.  It is undoubtedly funnier with a group of people (as all comedies are) but if you can't get a group to watch it with you then you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.

Bound to go down as the silliest movie to ever spark a worldwide fiasco, The Interview is kind of hit and miss as far as being a comedy goes. While there are quite a number of moments of gut-busting hilarity (that certainly would've killed with a packed audience had things not gone down the way they did), there are other times where the jokes land with a total thud. The film seems overly reliant on bodily-function humor that doesn't prove to be particularly effective. However, the film does succeed for the most part, thanks to the strength of its cast. James Franco, who continues to be one of the more hard-to-pinpoint actors working today, mugs up a storm with a hint of charm, while Seth Rogen is a solidly low-key polar opposite, and the two once again have great chemistry. Lizzy Caplan is unsurprisingly wasted, but Randall Park is great. An enjoyable, forgettable time-waster that's certain to be remembered only for the baffling amount of controversy it generated. B-