baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

And maybe in my old age, I'm becoming that movie guy that I made fun of when I was a teenager.  Because this year, the most pleasing filmsd to me, the ones that put a spring in my step were Whiplash, Captain America 2, Birdman and This is Where I leave you.

I think that soundtrack had a lot to do with it though, ending a film with Jackson 5's 'I want you back' is going to make anyone go home in a good mood lol.

Whiplash looked amazing, I want to see that.

• Like 2

People get all riled up when you don't like what they like. This thread is a great study in human behavior. Now you all know this is Baumer's list and this is how HE feels about these movies. But yet and still we get pissed and want to fight with him because he put our favorite movies on his list.

Bravo Baumer. Threads like this makes the forum fun.

• Like 8

People get all riled up when you don't like what they like. This thread is a great study in human behavior. Now you all know this is Baumer's list and this is how HE feels about these movies. But yet and still we get pissed and want to fight with him because he put our favorite movies on his list.

Bravo Baumer. Threads like this makes the forum fun.

To be fair, there's a noticeable difference between 'In my opinion, these films are overrated' and 'In my opinion, you've all been brainwashed into liking these films.'

• Like 3

Never seen Ang Lee's Hulk although I mean to. Seemed interesting from 20 minutes I saw on TV once

Incredible Hulk sucks though

To follow up on what Coolio was saying, Ang Lee's Hulk is to the MCU what Superman Returns is to the DCU; more interesting than 80% of the rest of their output.

• Like 2

To be fair, there's a noticeable difference between 'In my opinion, these films are overrated' and 'In my opinion, you've all been brainwashed into liking these films.'

Well that's the point. It's only his opinion. It's there for comedy.

• Like 3

Just roll with it, nothing personal. After all, how could sensible people actually like or love these mediocre movies if they weren't brainwashed? ;)

• Like 4

Except for those 10 minutes in the desert. :lol:

Wait...what? Please don't make me watch it again.

edit: Found it on youtube.

Yep you are correct.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2