CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

GBH isn't pretentious.

Boyhood really isn't pretentious.

Whiplash? Not pretentious.

Tele, we have very different taste in movies. And Boyhood looks pretentious. :P  GBH is the epitome of adult thingy that you have to be a bit older than me to understand or like imo. 

US textbooks are getting worse and worse by the year. I swear, some of my middle school textbooks seemed better than my college ones.

And Selma is much better? I'm not entirely certain because MLK was never mentioned in school (Well we had an American History course but I elected not to take it), but isn't a significant portion of it stylised, and not entirely accurate? 

Just go read the facts out of a textbook or watch some of his real speeches, imo. 

Tele, we have very different taste in movies. And Boyhood looks pretentious. :P  GBH is the epitome of adult thingy that you have to be a bit older than me to understand or like imo. 

I think Boyhood is more gimicky than anything else... 

LOL what. There is nothing pretentious at all about The Grand Budapest Hotel. It's a light and easy watch.

• Like 4

I love Wes Anderson, but I'll admit that his movies can give off a pretentious air to some. GBH however is not one those, and probably his least pretentious film ever. That's why it's getting the accolades he's never been able to get before.

As a huge Wes Anderson fan, I kinda agree with this.

I know people who don't generally like his films who liked GBH.

They should give Meryl a final honorary Oscar and be done with it.

19th nomination ? really ????

Can't yet. She needs to win at least 2 more competitive to beat kate :P

...Which was cancelled out by the accusations of homophobia for snubbing Brokeback Mountain.

Which is why TIG needs to win this year over Selma :P 

• Like 1