CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

The movie didn't get locked until Thanksgiving (though an unfinished version had screened for some people). Locking that late meant that the DVDs wouldn't get made until the first week of December (and then you have to ship out all the copies), meaning that for some early guilds it missed the deadline entirely, and others didn't get their discs until well into the nomination process. They also didn't send them to all the guilds (though they did send to the Academy, of course).

Yikes! That sounds awful. :o

Selma is a lesson in how not to run a campaign. 99% on RT and no chance of winning anything of note. 

I've always wondered why they cram at least 5 contenders in the last week of the year when awards/critics start announcing at the start of December. It makes no sense. Shouldn't everyone watch everything before announcing? It's not like anyone really cares about 90% of all these critic groups anyway, so starting early and missing films makes no sense. On the converse, releasing so many so late is also ? But besides Selma, I don't think anything has really fucked up to this extent, so no wonder it keeps going on.

Lego Movie snub is funny. It definitely deserved a nom, especially over the Boxtrolls or Big Hero Six. Glad that Dragon, Kaguya and Song of the Sea were nominated though.

Don't like how American Sniper has a chance of upsetting now. I'm excited to see it, but I'd rather not the more generic Oscar bait win. Also, Cooper hasn't really impressed me ever.