LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

I'm gonna travel back a year and say American Sniper and Guardians will be 2 of the top 3 of 2014. Can't wait to see how you guys react.

My reaction would have been  :P

di_05812.jpg

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm gonna travel back a year and say American Sniper and Guardians will be 2 of the top 3 of 2014. Can't wait to see how you guys react.

American Sniper wasn't on the schedule 1 year ago, I think :lol: 

• Like 1

I think people have not realize it yet but with this opening this film will out gross almost ever film in 2014 apart from MJ1 and GOTG. 

That is a near box office certainty as this is not a franchise film so no reason why it should not do 2.5X its 4-day gross or more. 

Think about it for a second and then react.  :lol:

2.5x wouldn't get it close to MJ1/GotG.

• Like 1

In other news though, today is the 7 year anniversary of the release of the movie that got me into box office, Cloverfield. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Great movie.

• Like 1

In other news though, today is the 7 year anniversary of the release of the movie that got me into box office, Cloverfield. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

I must be an old man, it was Spiderman in 2002 for me. (was quite fitting that ten years after that historic weekend TA broke it again spectacularly like Spiderman did) 

• Like 2

I am in the middle of Boyhood (at home), going to continue now. Best parts are the interaction between Ethan Hawke and his kids.

Hawke's my favourite thing about that movie. I was so glad he got a nomination. Naturalistic performance that doesn't usually catch awards attention at all.

• Like 5

I must be an old man, it was Spiderman in 2002 for me. (was quite fitting that ten years after that historic weekend TA broke it again spectacularly like Spiderman did) 

Here's something to make you feel older: the film that got me into box office was Pacific Rim.

(Yeah, I'm really new to this.  :lol: )

I meant it will beat every film in 2014 apart from MJ1 and GOTG at its current pace so far. 

Oh, I misread it, I thought you were saying it would beat those two.

Yes, coming at least 3rd is guaranteed now.

• Like 2

Film that got me on to box office forums was Return of The King in 2003.

2004 has Passion Shrek 2 and Spider Man 2.

2005 had the insane ROTS hype train, and Narnia vs Potter war.

2006 had the famous Kal El war between Superman and Pirates.

Fun times. 

• Like 2

People, there is no point to this debate. Why argue? Some will see him as a hero, some as a criminal. It is what it is.

Well, it seems the movie chose a side on this debate. The movie wouldn t resonate with audience if the sniper was described as he is in his autobiography according to Noctis.

So the film made the choice for audiences.

90% of the people that will see the movie won t know about the guy s true nature which he wasn t even ashamed to admit, his book is an autobiography, it is his own words.

• Like 2

I'm really waiting for what kind of drop is predicted for today.

American Sniper vs American Football.

Forgive me for being ignorant but is american football not on like all the time? Is there a big game or something?

Well, it seems the movie chose a side on this debate. The movie wouldn t resonate with audience if the sniper was described as he is in his autobiography according to Noctis.

So the film made the choice for audiences.

90% of the people that will see the movie won t know about the guy s true nature which he wasn t even ashamed to admit, his book is an autobiography, it is his own words.

I haven't seen it but yeah, if it was showing how awful he was then people would despise the movie as hating the military / soldiers or something.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 3