kayumanggi

Terminator Genisys | 350.8 M overseas | 440.6 M worldwide

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TERMINATOR: GENISYS: $156.1M Overseas Total / $224.8M Global Total <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TerminatorGenisys?src=hash">#TerminatorGenisys</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/620264470762401792">July 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Very good numbers. It's heading to about 220-230m OS without China. So over 400m WW is a strong possibility.

• Like 1

Very good numbers. It's heading to about 220-230m OS without China. So over 400m WW is a strong possibility.

yep very likely maybe even 250-270 OS without China. With China over 400 million WW. Is definitely in the cards. That is a huge win for it. When will it release in China ?

Terminator: Genisys expanded to 14 markets this weekend, including Japan, Germany, Spain, Italy and Argentina. The new countries helped add $47.3 million from a total of 60 territories, bringing the film's overseas cume up to $156.1 million.

Japan led all the new openers with $5.4 million form 339 locations. Germany enjoyed a #2 debut with a $3.1 million take form 554 sites. Argentina took $2.3 million from 157 cinemas, while Spain opened to $1.4 million at 373 locations. Italy was the only major market to enjoy a #1 debut over the weekend, grossing $1.2 million from 530 cinemas.

South Korea led the holdovers with $5.1 million from 775 cinemas in its second frame, finishing #2 in the market after a 54% slide from its debut. The film has now grossed a total of $19 million in the market. Russia's sophomore frame yielded $3.8 million from 1,121 locations, a 70% slide from its debut that brings the market total to $19.1 million. The UK grossed $2.7 million from 541 cinemas, a 43% drop from its opening weekend, to bring the cume to $11.5 million. Other top holds include Brazil ($2.7M from 485 sites, -25%, $8.1M cume), Australia ($2.2M from 260 cinemas, -40%, $8M cume), France ($1.9M from 713 locations, -52%, $6.9M cume), and Mexico ($1.6M from 673 sites, -67%, $9.7M cume).

Terminator: Genisys has grossed $224.8 million worldwide.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-07-12-minions-conquer-the-global-box-office-terminator-genisys-sees-bump-from-major-expansion-jurassic-world-just-a-step-away-from-15-billion

Edited by MrHardapple

yep very likely maybe even 250-270 OS without China. With China over 400 million WW. Is definitely in the cards. That is a huge win for it. When will it release in China ?

It has zero chance of hitting 270 mill from current markets..

More like 220-240 mill. China will bring it over 300 mill OS and 400 mill WW..

But it is enough for a sequel? I really doubt it

• Like 1

Narnia 3 did 415m on a 140m budget and we still didn't get the sequel. And that movie was better received than T5.

Yes but Narnia 2 did 419m on a 225m budget and we got a sequel after all.

Anyway i don't see the sequels happening either but the WW total for this will be pretty solid.

Yes but Narnia 2 did 419m on a 225m budget and we got a sequel after all.

Anyway i don't see the sequels happening either but the WW total for this will be pretty solid.

Hardly the same thing. 

Caspian was a sequel to a huge hit. Both Dawn Treader  and TG were sequels to disappointments. In other words, with Caspian's disappointment they still had time save the franchise, the 5-year window between the first and third Narnia made sure of that. The Terminator franchise is well beyond that phase. 

the drastic budget cut (from 225m to 140m) also helped, that was in fact the only reason Dawn Treader got made in first place. I doubt a T film can get even 10 million cheaper than T5, which was already very cheap for its kind of production.

• Like 1

It has zero chance of hitting 270 mill from current markets..

More like 220-240 mill. China will bring it over 300 mill OS and 400 mill WW..

But it is enough for a sequel? I really doubt it

I think people are hoping for 100 million domestic, 230-240 internationally non-China and 100 million plus from China. If it get's between 430-450 million worldwide on 155 million dollar budget a sequel may happen. But I still have my doubts they will make two more movies. My guess is they would cancel 2017 movie and combined it into one movie for 2018 release. That at least gives them a few years and regroup and try to do things to make the next movie more profitable. Instead of rushing another movie into production come next spring/summer.

Edited by gb0708

After this weekend I'd say $230 mln OS.

Domestic final gross would be $91-94 mln.

So about $315-330 mln WW without China.  :rolleyes:

that is definitely not bad at all. And it will likely see a release in China i think. Why wouldn't such a big movie get a china release. I think a sequek will happen it will also earn money on Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray 3D and DVD sales

Plus sales of TV rights and Video on Demand.

When all is said and done, TG will make a profit for the studio.

Maybe it will..

But is a sequel worth the risk when the first dollar you see here is way down the line?

Well, I guess there won't be a sequel to Mad Max Fury Road then.

The film had about the same budget as TG, and grossed a worldwide $360 million.

If a $400 million gross is not enough for a Terminator sequel, why should MM get a sequel with less money made?

Well, I guess there won't be a sequel to Mad Max Fury Road then.

The film had about the same budget as TG, and grossed a worldwide $360 million.

If a $400 million gross is not enough for a Terminator sequel, why should MM get a sequel with less money made?

Because WOM couldn't have been more different when you compare the two. Seems pretty simple to me.

Because WOM couldn't have been more different when you compare the two. Seems pretty simple to me.

Well, you should not confuse critics reviews with WOM.

Fans actually like the film, there are no signs of bad WOM from the audience (as opposed to the critics).