baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

History was always my favorite subject in school, the knowledge to the future lies in the past. 

I agree, mine too. But certain parts I find really really boring. Eu history is awesome though. And the Asian one to some extent. And North African civilizations.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

That's really deep, Jay. Please enlighten us with some more of your thought-provoking statements. 

A man looses interest once he's had sex with you, but a women she looses interest once you care... it's their power.

Learned from a lifetime history of hoes hahaha

• Like 2

History was always my favorite subject in school, the knowledge to the future lies in the past. 

Ugh, I hated it. If we had done some interesting classical history I would've been fascinated, but it was just world war 1 for 5 years for me in school. /snore

Umm, yes. Old acting sucks. It's corny as hell. Staying 2 hrs to atch A flight Over the Cuckoo's Nest in english class was the worst torture of my life.

giphy.gif

The funny thing is that in thirty years James will be bitching about how the kids don't appreciate awesome great movies like JUPITER ASCENDING and TRANSFORMERS and THE HOBBITes.

:rofl:

This isn't true at all. If you're talking on a sheer technical level, then yes. Otherwise, not at all.

that is partially true. people are better at acting now. or are made to act more realistically, but the fact that many older classics used more authentic and quite often real set pieces speaks something for them, and there is way too much corporate control now. (on big films anyways) but if you take the great story today with one made with the technology of the past, modern will always be better.  

• Like 1

Ugh, I hated it. If we had done some interesting classical history I would've been fascinated, but it was just world war 1 for 5 years for me in school. /snore

Yeah, that is pretty uninteresting. The Napoleon, Borgia, Medici and Roman eras are the most interesting to me.

Umm, yes. Old acting sucks. It's corny as hell. Staying 2 hrs to atch A flight Over the Cuckoo's Nest in english class was the worst torture of my life.

You haven't seen like 99.9% of older movies, how on earth can you make anything close to a definitive statement about them, aside from simple personal preference?

:rofl:

that is partially true. people are better at acting now. or are made to act more realistically, but the fact that many older classics used more authentic and quite often real set pieces speaks something for them, and there is way too much corporate control now. (on big films anyways) but if you take the great story today with one made with the technology of the past, modern will always be better.  

It's funny that you guys assumed I just meant acting (and also assumed that acting can be summarized as "the new stuff from the last 15 years" and "old stuff".) :)

• Like 2

You haven't seen like 99.9% of older movies, how on earth can you make anything close to a definitive statement about them, aside from simple personal preference?

It's funny that you guys assumed I just meant acting (and also assumed that acting can be summarized as "the new stuff from the last 15 years" and "old stuff".) :)

I was referring to 1960s and before on acting. not that I find the acting bad. it just seems a like stage acting. and there were certain things they made actors do that time. 

• Like 1

I was referring to 1960s and before on acting. not that I find the acting bad. it just seems a like stage acting. and there were certain things they made actors do that time. 

What's wrong with stage acting?  :unsure:

Acting was quite bad before the 70's imo.  That's one thing that has gotten much better.  But films themselves....not a chance.

• Like 1

What's wrong with stage acting?  :unsure:

it's exaggerated for audience reaction, and so the cast can be better heard.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

Only thing I know for certain about Tele's list is that his #1 is as obvious as Baumer's was.

I just have a funny feeling that it's going to be Transformers.

• Like 2