baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

There's like 40 movies that at one point I felt like slotting in around the 90-100 range. Some of the ones that just missed:

InnerSpace

The In-Laws

Point Break

Empire of the Sun

Real Genius

Wind

Weekend at Bernie's

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Overboard

Beat the Devil

Funny enough I was just thinking of seeing Innerspace again. That was one of my favorite movies back in the day. 

• Like 3

For what it's worth:

The Breakfast Club:  10

Sixteen Candles:  9

Weird Science:  9

Pretty In Pink:  9.5

Ferris Bueller:  10

Some Kind of Wonderful:  8.5

Planes Trains:  10

She's Having a Baby:  8.5 (first movie to make me cry)

Uncle Buck:  8

Curly Sue:  8

The Great Outdoors:  9

Home Alone:  9.5

Wow. With only a handful of exceptions your list is very aligned with my tastes. Nice job. Halloween... BTTF... Jaws... all top-tens for me. Here are some major omissions (unless I missed them) for me:

Die Hard

Unforgiven

Hoosiers

The Searchers

Ben-hur

Lethal Weapon

But the biggest difference for me, is Rocky. While you have itat number 31, Rocky is number1 in my book, and about 5 miles back is number 2. I have loved Rocky since I first saw it in 1978.

• Like 3

Wow. With only a handful of exceptions your list is very aligned with my tastes. Nice job. Halloween... BTTF... Jaws... all top-tens for me. Here are some major omissions (unless I missed them) for me:

Die Hard

Unforgiven

Hoosiers

The Searchers

Ben-hur

Lethal Weapon

But the biggest difference for me, is Rocky. While you have itat number 31, Rocky is number1 in my book, and about 5 miles back is number 2. I have loved Rocky since I first saw it in 1978.

Welcome to the forums......and thanks for commenting.  

Rocky might be listed at 31, but it did more to shape my life than probably any other film on this list.  It made me want to run for sport, workout, and instilled a never die, never give in attitude.  I don't always live like that, but that film and that character taught me that.  It's a one of a kind, incredibly powerful film.

• Like 1

But... but... it was made before 1990.

so? my favorite movie of all time came out before 1990  :lol: you must have me confused with James in your old age.. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

because he basically told everyone it was jaws :lol: .. as you can see above... but seriously baumer was  Battleship Potemkin part of a two for one thingy? or did you just put it for kicks?

Just in case there was any confusion, of course Battleship Potemkin was a joke.  

• Like 3

So? From footage it still looks really really bad. The fact that it was among the first is not reason enough to overlook everything else.

You realize the movie is much more than just a shark movie, don't you?  The shark is what brings these characters together, but the film is much more than that.  Maybe if you actually watched it you'd be able to form an opinion about it.

At least I can say that the films I truly despise, like Citizen Kane or Magnolia, I have seen multiple times.  You rip on a film without even seeing it.  That isn't right and it makes you myopic.  This is a film forum, we celebrate the love and hate for film, but at least see something before you hate it.

• Like 5

A man looses interest once he's had sex with you, but a women she looses interest once you care... it's their power.

Learned from a lifetime history of hoes hahaha

For some reason this reminds me of the line from Sex Lies and Videotape:  Men learn to love the person they are attracted to and women become more and more attracted the person they love.

I obviously agree, Stingray.  I just don't see how you can watch that movie and think it sucks.  I know films are supposed to be subjective, but that one isn't.  :)

• Like 1