kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS 03.16.2015

Just wait, the incredible WOM people are talking about hasn't kicked in yet. Just wait :P

WOM will be decent though.

sidenote: is there some competition going on here that I don't know about? LOL thus the little jabs here and there?

• Like 1

sidenote: is there some competition going on here that I don't know about? LOL thus the little jabs here and there?

Not really, just that people use this movie to downgrade Maleficent's quality. First of all, Maleficent was a very good movie and it looked 10x times more interesting that this. Second - it had great great WOM (the multi proves it) and people keep saying Cinderella will have better (which it won't). So every little disappointment is a win for me. The numbers OS for it alone made my Sunday evening brighter. :lol: Also, these numbers have another plus side: it shuts the Frozen fans about the "huge" impact of that short.

Edited by James
  • Like 3

I didn't like Maleficent. It was not a bad movie, but its not my kind of movie. I did not see Cinderella jet and I don't think I will like it because of what I said about Mal. Maleficent had bad reviews but, unexpectedly the mainstream audience loved it because of the twist. The twist was the main reason why critics and some Disney fans hated it. Cinderella has nothing new. We know everything about the plot. Even if it is extremely well made, there is nothing new about it.

Not really, just that people use this movie to downgrade Maleficent's quality. First of all, Maleficent was a very good movie and it looked 10x times more interesting that this. Second - it had great great WOM (the multi proves it) and people keep saying Cinderella will have better (which it won't). So every little disappointment is a win for me. The numbers OS for it alone made my Sunday evening brighter. :lol: Also, these numbers have another plus side: it shuts the Frozen fans about the "huge" impact of that short.

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

WELL DAMN!

• Like 5

They've been trying Mal from the get go.

Its a bit petty, but its still sweet seeing their predictions fail

I didn't like Maleficent. It was not a bad movie, but its not my kind of movie. I did not see Cinderella jet and I don't think I will like it because of what I said about Mal. Maleficent had bad reviews but, unexpectedly the mainstream audience loved it because of the twist. The twist was the main reason why critics and some Disney fans hated it. Cinderella has nothing new. We know everything about the plot. Even if it is extremely well made, there is nothing new about it.

I haven't seen Mal but I will since its on demand. I'm not into dark tales but I'll give it a shot. And you're right there is nothing new or even spectacular about Cinderella (except maybe the costumes) but I was thoroughly engaged throughout. It's just a simple story but it was beautiful to look at and the acting was good. We all know how it ends. It was a treat and worth a look on the big screen for people who are ok with the story the way it is.

• Like 1

They've been trying Mal from the get go.

Its a bit petty, but its still sweet seeing their predictions fail

I really wasn't paying attention but now I understand the big disappointments. I was thinking this is a girly movie and its in 2d why are people disappointed with these numbers? But now I get it. :lol:

• Like 1

I haven't seen Mal but I will since its on demand. I'm not into dark tales but I'll give it a shot. And you're right there is nothing new or even spectacular about Cinderella (except maybe the costumes) but I was thoroughly engaged throughout. It's just a simple story but it was beautiful to look at and the acting was good. We all know how it ends. It was a treat and worth a look on the big screen for people who are ok with the story the way it is.

You should definitely watch it and witness the amazing performance by Dame.

You should definitely watch it and witness the amazing performance by Dame.

I am. I have no doubt the Dame is fabulous. I could tell by the preview trailers in the theaters. She looked incredible.

• Like 2

Nope, Maleficent was shit, and unlike you, I actually saw both Cinderella and Maleficent and realize that Cinderella is a much better film in every level, so much better that if I truly wanted to, I could write you a five-page essay on how Cinderella works better in every single possible way. 

That said, I agree with you on WOM. Maleficent had a much more family friendly appeal than Cinderella does in its Shakespearean drama, along with summer weekdays being a major help. Although the point on Frozen you're making is pretty BS; it's fairly obvious to me that the Frozen short was never going to effect WOM, just the OW.

• Like 3

Nope, Maleficent was shit, and unlike you, I actually saw both Cinderella and Maleficent and realize that Cinderella is a much better film in every level, so much better that if I truly wanted to, I could write you a five-page essay on how Cinderella works better in every single possible way. 

That said, I agree with you on WOM. Maleficent had a much more family friendly appeal than Cinderella does in its Shakespearean drama, along with summer weekdays being a major help. Although the point on Frozen you're making is pretty BS; it's fairly obvious to me that the Frozen short was never going to effect WOM, just the OW.

In your opinion!

• Like 1

Ah it all makes sense now.  Cinderella was good though. More like a Jane Austen-esque semi-Shakespearean fairy tale drama except no virgin scandalized their good name or lost their honor. :lol:

• Like 1

Sooo, what you're really saying is that Maleficent would've made over $1 billion if the movie was as good as Cinderella.  :D

• Like 1

In your opinion!

Not to be super dickish about it, but in this case, my opinion does mean more in comparing Cinderella and Maleficent, since I actually saw both movies compared to James who has only seen Maleficent. So yeah.

Sooo, what you're really saying is that Maleficent would've made over $1 billion if the movie was as good as Cinderella.  :D

To be honest, yeah. If Maleficent was as good as Cinderella, maybe it would've made Alice numbers.

• Like 4