baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

Things like Box Office alliance and Box office survivor have always coincided traditionally will the bigger summer/winter game.

Just for reference though I am planning to tweak the winter game schedule to be more late October until Valentines in the calendar.

regardless though, that does not stop any other game rearing its head whenever it wishes. (this comes from the creator of Box Office League that ran for one wonderful season in 2013. )

I actually didn't know the real schedule of the Winter game. I was absent for the last 5 months of the year last year, more or less.

But if people don't think I'll be treading on any toes, I'll start to work up a plan/discussion post.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'll make a separate thread for this too, but it obviously belongs in here as well.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.  

This will be my last year running the BSG.  I have been doing this for 8 years and it started out very small, very innocuous and I never thought it would grow into what it has.  I've loved doing this for seven years, truly loved it.  The joy it brings me to see the joy it brings you guys is truly awesome.  But things have changed this year.  I just don't have the time or the energy to run it anymore.  I have a full time job that requires a lot of my time and I am trying to get back into writing again.  Then there is dating after being married for 14 years.  Basically, I just can't do it anymore.

But the game will live on.  

It will always be called BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME, because I invented it lol.  But Chas and Jajang will be taking over next year.  Both have been instrumental in keeping the game afloat this year and both will do an outstanding job. I will stay on as a consultant, but nothing more.

I want to thank everyone for playing over the years.  You guys are awesome and without you this game would have never lasted this long.  

I promise to make this current game go out with a bang and I apologize once again for my lackluster performance this summer.

Let's end the last four weeks with a bang.

Thanks guys, sincerely.  Thank you.   :)

Dan 

Edited by baumer
  • Like 23

Baumer you've put in so much effort into this over the years it's about time you had a break! Thank you for all you've done for us, I honestly probably wouldn't still be around if not for this game to comeback to every year. You keep the forum buzzing about this every year and bring both old and new users into the fold. Thank you again for all of the roller coaster rides you've created for us. Also when you get a chance can you check your pms? No rush though :)

• Like 3

Time for more speculation.

Current top 15

1. Jurassic World - $631,601,030
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $456,942,727
3. Inside Out - $329,587,896
4. Minions - $287,578,650
5. Pitch Perfect 2 - $183,785,415
6. San Andreas - $152,283,503
7. Mad Max: Fury Road - $152,169,645
8. Ant-Man - $132,331,563
9. Spy - $108,872,889
10. Tomorrowland - $92,468,805
11. Terminator: Genisys - $87,693,413
12. Trainwreck 

13. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

14. Ted 2 - $80,500,000
15. Magic Mike XXL - $64,761,407

MMXXL is the line to cross for top 15. Pixels looks likely to overtake MMXXL, so MMXXL is out, Pixels is the next barrier of entry. Last 2 movies with a shot at the top 15 of summer are UNCLE and Compton. Compton looks like it can hit a 40M OW and UNCLE can probably do 25-30M OW. UNCLE doesn't have enough time to overtake Ted 2 if it opens to 25-30M. It will need at least a 35M OW to make the top 15. And if Compton turns out to be majorly frontloaded post-OD, Pixels may still sneak in to the top 15.

• Like 1

It's crazy to think a movie only needs 80m this summer to make the top 15. If Compton makes it I'm looking at 12/15. Missed Tomorrowland, Mad Max and Spy. Had Fantastic Four, Magic Mike and Paper Towns instead (whoops). Hoping Pixels somehow doesn't make it and Magic Mike does.