CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

What are the chances that this reaches 1 bil WW with shitty exchange rates that we have this year?

Actually its pretty high chance it will reach it despite of that

Edited by eXtacy

Imo Saturday will fall however box office trends are the following.

Anytime a film scores massive day business on its opening day it holds well over the weekend. 

The issue is that Yesterday was Good Friday, a day that massively boosts opening day numbers. For example imagine New Moon, TDK and TA on Good Friday. 

Captain%20Obvious%20HotelsCom.jpg

• Like 3

Fri-67.3M

Sat-54M

Sun-36M

157.3M

How is this missing 150M would have to go to 47M SAT that would be a 5M minus previews.

It's going to fall much more than $54M today. 

First of all yesterday was Good Friday. So the Fri-Sat drop will be even bigger than usual for a highly expected sequel. 

Second, this is the one that absolutely everyone needed to rush out and see on Friday. 

And third, it made $16M on Thursday. So you're actually expecting it to go UP Fri - Sat? (excluding Thursday)

I see it doing around $40M today, give or take. 

Fri-67.3M

Sat-54M

Sun-36M

157.3M

How is this missing 150M would have to go to 47M SAT that would be a 5M minus previews.

No way it hits 150.  It would have to drop by about 20% today and I don't see how this is possible.  IMO:

50 (-25%)

30 (-40%)

• Like 3

First of all yesterday was Good Friday. So the Fri-Sat drop will be even bigger than usual for a highly expected sequel. 

Second, this is the one that absolutely everyone needed to rush out and see on Friday. 

And third, it made $16M on Thursday. So you're actually expecting it to go UP Fri - Sat? (excluding Thursday)

LOL, why would it fall 40% today?  That's ridiculous.  25% is more likely.

Also, Good Friday didn't help as much as you might think.  The afternoon numbers had it on a trajectory of 50 million.  So it's the evening shows that had much more of an impact.  Today, the afternoon shows should be better.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

It's going to fall much more than $54M today. Still enough to to do 150M+

First of all yesterday was Good Friday. So the Fri-Sat drop will be even bigger than usual for a highly expected sequel. Heard things like this said before and we got TA, TDK and other movies like them.

Second, this is the one that absolutely everyone needed to rush out and see on Friday.  Compared to what? Fast 6, TA or TDK?

And third, it made $16M on Thursday. So you're actually expecting it to go UP Fri - Sat? (excluding Thursday) Not unheard of.

I see it doing around $40M today, give or take. 40% fall? Ouch.

No way it hits 150.  It would have to drop by about 20% today and I don't see how this is possible.  IMO:

50 (-25%)

30 (-40%)

Why so big on Sunday?

• Like 1

40M would be very frontloade. I'm expecting 47-48M today, which would be enough for 145M+OW. Edited by druv10