CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Next weekends "The Longest Ride" seriously looks like a parody of sappy romance movies , except for the part where it is completely serious.

Scott Eastwood seriously looks like his dad though, wonder how he acts.

Marvel Fatigue is gonna be everywhere after this Summer. I guarantee it. Just because Avengers 2 is not gonna beat the first one on OW or DOM and end up with something like 190/570. And when Ant-Man does something like 500M WW it is gonna be the end of the world for Marvel, according to everyone in the Internet. And I am gonna be sitting here and laughing until May 2016 when CA3 makes 1B WW and everything will be ok in the world again.

On the bright side maybe some of the Marvel stans will calm the heck down and our threads will be readable again

• Like 2

On the bright side maybe some of the Marvel stans will calm the heck down and our threads will be readable again

If Fantastic Four beats Ant-Man WW this place is gonna be glorious. 

• Like 1

FF will beat Ant-Man for domestic, I'm fairly confident.

I am more confident for WW. I think Ant-man beats it DOM but Fantastic Four pulls a way bigger number OS.

What did Sebastian Stan ever do to Box Office?

when people say marvel stans I think they're talking about that gross old dude who keeps showing up in all those movies that stopped being a cute nod years ago and now feels like tired obligation.

• Like 2

Cinderella didn't hold as well as expected again. Looks like a finish of 200 +/- 3M in the cards. It's holds are worse than Oz strangely enough.

Insurgent on track for a 125M finish.

Edited by grim22

Cinderella didn't hold as well as expected again. Looks like a finish of 200 +/- 3M in the cards. It's holds are worse than Oz strangely enough.

Insurgent on track for a 125M finish.

OS isn't helping Insurgent either. The 3D was added to save the DOM side and increase big time the OS side. Instead, it seems to be saving both sides from dropping harder from the first movie...

Not sure if Cinderella is gonna reach 200M at this point. Cinderella and Home's drops this weekend were pretty bad. Both hold worst than Rio on Easter weekend.

Why the high expectations for a FF?  The last one didn't exactly set the WW box office on fire.

I have a good feeling about it. Of course things may change when I see the new trailer, which hopefully is released before May 1.

Edited by CJohn

The Divergent series isn't really increasing all that much, internationally, is it?

it still has China to open where it can potentially have a good increase,  Allegiant needs to change release dates immediately

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

The Divergent series isn't really increasing all that much, internationally, is it?

So far it has done 120M OS with pretty much no markets left besides China. So I would say besides Portugal, where it is gonna end 50% above the first movie in admissions with an even bigger increase on money because of 3D and IMAX, no country gave a fuck.

I am pretty sure Lionsgate was expecting 200M OS with the addition of 3D.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Avengers 1 had an ungodly hold on Sunday. Normal Sunday holds in May are 35-40%, but TA1 only fell 15%, that was the zeitgeist effect where everyone had to go watch it.

Actually, that was the every-show-on-Friday-and-Saturday-was-sold-out effect.

Because the last one opened to a number that is very difficult to get.  I don't think there will be as much general curiosity towards this one.

You're forgetting a major factor. Avengers opened to "only" 207 because they ran out of seats on opening weekend in half the theaters around the country. Thus causing the second weekend to put up that huge 103 number that I consider even more impressive than the 207 on OW. (In my opinion of course.)

Just consider the fact that if there would have been more tickets available, Avengers would have easily made 220-230 on OW, and it might have even had a chance at 240.

So even if demand or interest goes down slightly, it could still open to a bigger number than 207, just because there was so much more demand than just 207 the first time.

On the other hand, AOU is definitely not guaranteed to beat 207. Demand won't drop much (believe it or not, I know a number of people who didn't see the first Avengers in the theater, but will almost certainly go see this one), but the 3-D % may make a big difference.

There's a very real possibilty that Age Of Ultron will sell more tickets than Avengers, but make less money.

• Like 2