CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

with this opening for Furious in April. BvS migh make over 200 million on OW maybe even 220. What do you guys expect for BvS OW ?

If people dont think TA2 can do 200 million you think BVS will. 

• Like 1

Don't mean to be a downer but imho, Avengers will not do anything shocking and it will miss 200 mill OW.  SW will open well but not more than F7.  Christmas opening is a different animal.  JW, not feeling a massive opening there either.

I agree that Avengers could miss but not by much.

Star Wars will open with probably the same, if not more than F7. 

JW is a question mark for me though. Im feeling Godzilla like opening with better legs. 

with this opening for Furious in April. BvS migh make over 200 million on OW maybe even 220. What do you guys expect for BvS OW ?

I don't think that is very realistic for BvS.  In fact, I think that is kind of absurd.  

• Like 1

She doesn't cut her hair that much in the book.  I read an article on this.

Not that much, yeah, but it is still short hair and very different from what she used in the first movie. 

150-160M. It depends on the marketing but that is what I am expecting right now.

Considering that the next one has that ugly old "PART ONE" right there in the title of the movie, warning people that if they buy a ticket they're not going to get a complete story, there's every reason to expect the next one to drop too.

And it is releasing same weekend as KFP3, a week before BvS and isn't releasing in IMAX, a big decrease on OW and total is on the cards for sure.

Yeah, Lionsgate has been doing a horrific job with their movies. Hunger Games 3 had a bad marketing campaign, but Mortdecai and Insurgent sunk into a new level of awfulness. 

I dont blame marketing for Mortdecai bombing, thats all Depp. 

And it is releasing same weekend as KFP3, a week before BvS and isn't releasing in IMAX, a big decrease on OW and total is on the cards for sure.

Even if it stays as Part 1, I can assure you they are gonna move it to April or one of the Summer months. 

I dont blame marketing for Mortdecai bombing, thats all Depp. 

Really? Lol. Of course. It is all Depp. Depp = bomb. Into the Woods says hi. 

Batman and Superman in the same movie is gonna be huge its also gonna set up JL

I have no doubt that it will be huge.  But to expect it to open to Avengers numbers, imo, is not realistic.  Avengers spent 5 years getting their brand out there.  They had two IM films, one Thor and one CM.  That got the ball rolling and got people massively interested in the Avengers.  Batman vs Superman hasn't gone the same route.  Now if Nolan was doing it and it had Bale as Batman, then I could see 220, but this is starting over.  Affleck will get people curious, but I just don't think it will open that high.

Then again, WTF do I know?

• Like 1

It's going to be a success regardless.  But let's say it comes in at IM3 174 Million number.  All hell will break loose, lol. 

Iron Man 2 had the 5th biggest OW of all time, had a 30% increase from Iron Man, and people were still calling it a flop and starting WWW threads.

Now AOU could have the 2nd biggest OW of all time, and people would have the same reaction. Though 2nd biggest is a wide range at this point. 175 would be a lot more disappointing than 205. Just think if it somehow only made 173 and came in under IM3. But of course that seems extremely unlikely. The interest for AOU is definitely there.

• Like 1

Even if it stays as Part 1, I can assure you they are gonna move it to April or one of the Summer months. 

Do you think Lionsgate will try the November Hunger Games slot? Summer 2016 is pretty packed right now.

I have no doubt that it will be huge. But to expect it to open to Avengers numbers, imo, is not realistic. Avengers spent 5 years getting their brand out there. They had two IM films, one Thor and one CM. That got the ball rolling and got people massively interested in the Avengers. Batman vs Superman hasn't gone the same route. Now if Nolan was doing it and it had Bale as Batman, then I could see 220, but this is starting over. Affleck will get people curious, but I just don't think it will open that high.

Then again, WTF do I know?

Poor Hulk is forgotten.

Iron Man 2 had the 5th biggest OW of all time, had a 30% increase from Iron Man, and people were still calling it a flop and starting WWW threads.

Now AOU could have the 2nd biggest OW of all time, and people would have the same reaction. Though 2nd biggest is a wide range at this point. 175 would be a lot more disappointing than 205. Just think if it somehow only made 173 and came in under IM3. But of course that seems extremely unlikely. The interest for AOU is definitely there.

If it made near or below Im3 that be a huge miss. 

Do you think Lionsgate will try the November Hunger Games slot? Summer 2016 is pretty packed right now.

Nah. They want a place with little competition.