CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

this overperforming to 140-150 is easily... 3-5m gone from aou's opening weekend. most people don't go to the movies every month and the buzz around this causing people to drop what they're doing and suddenly decide to watch it means there will be people who as a result don't watch aou (until later at least).

iSyyQgy3VR3hU.gif

• Like 2

this overperforming to 140-150 is easily... 3-5m gone from aou's opening weekend. most people don't go to the movies every month and the buzz around this causing people to drop what they're doing and suddenly decide to watch it means there will be people who as a result don't watch aou (until later at least).

iSyyQgy3VR3hU.gif

Keep dreaming!

Rank the last five movies you cried at; I'll start

1. Boyhood

2. Furious 7

3. Saving Mr. Banks

4. St. Vincent

5. The Fault in Our Stars

1. The Fault in Our Stars

2. Interstellar

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

5. American Sniper

iSyyQgy3VR3hU.gif

That's not how it works... Nobody says "I was gonna see Age of Ultron but since I saw Furious 7 a month ago I'll pass!"

iSyyQgy3VR3hU.gif

The lesson from this is audiences want appealing films and Fast 7 and TA2 are it and they will make a lot due to that.

1. The Fault in Our Stars

2. Interstellar

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

5. American Sniper

I didn't cry in  American Sniper, but it did keep me dead silent. 

• Like 1

fact: if thg had opened a month before avengers 1 instead of 2.5 months then avengers wouldn't have hit 200m ow

iNQ5iG8xzziuZ.gif

How is it a fact when you have nothing to back up your claim?
  • Like 1

How is it a fact when you have nothing to back up your claim?

i've been to the multiverse and seen it duh.

for every 3 million f7 does over 140 ow i'm taking off 1 million from my current prediction of 195m ow for aou

hurray for website laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Also, it would be hilarious if this ends up booting out MJ2 for 3rd biggest movie of the year behind Avengers and Star Wars.

How do you see this making 350M+?

Well, if it opens to 150m, it could do that with good WOM and Mockingjay is widely seen as a shit book and the gross of MJ1 reflected that.

I would love a 150M OW but as of right now, there's absolutely nothing indicating that will happen.

Besides, Minions I think is more likely to take Mockingjay's spot sadly

Well, if it opens to 150m, it could do that with good WOM and Mockingjay is widely seen as a shit book and the gross of MJ1 reflected that.

how tf is mj2 gonna do less than mj1+3d+imax

tumblr_inline_nl43pp5HiF1qc7g7w.gif

People have been undersestimating the impact of a well known movie star dying during production. I knew this movie would get a huge boost from it. The Dark Knight increased over 250% from Batman Begins worldwide. This looks like it will smash through the billion dollar mark judging by early numbers.

• Like 2