Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

Why would TH finale increase that much when the movies are obviously considered inferior and lost about 40% of LOTR audience? It isn`t going to happen.

Inferiority to the LOTR means nothing to OS markets growth there will come from expanding markets and if it has large scale battles and is a lot better then the 1st. Anyway i predicting a drop for TH2 anyway if you look earlier in the thread to around $950 mil ww just trying to see Neo's point that is all.

Why would TH finale increase that much when the movies are obviously considered inferior and lost about 40% of LOTR audience? It isn`t going to happen.

Not a factor. If it would have made 2B+ than yes an increase would have been in the negative % (TPM). Barely scraping by 1B, shows there is an audience to gain (ROTK numbers), so the chance of increase is very probable.

I can see growth in TH2&3 but that big TH2 may make say 750 mil os and the finale $850 mil add  in US most i can see either doing is $1.2 bil for finale maybe. TF 3 will smash 200 mil in China so thats why i think $850 mil OS add in about $300 mil in the US and we have $1.15 bil.

450M DOM for DOS?

Inferiority to the LOTR means nothing to OS markets growth there will come from expanding markets and if it has large scale battles and is a lot better then the 1st. Anyway i predicting a drop for TH2 anyway if you look earlier in the thread to around $950 mil ww just trying to see Neo's point that is all.

This won`t be a lot better or better than the first because they were filmed at the same time. It isn`t like they have a year or so to reflect on what didn`t work and fix it. Hell, most people hated Radagast and what did they do? Released a Radagast scene from the the next movie! As a gift to fans and way to promote the next chapter. Like, seriously. What stuck up people out of touch with reality.

Oh, and 3D + expanded markets couldn`t help AUJ pass Shriekapoo OS.

This won`t be a lot better or better than the first because they were filmed at the same time. It isn`t like they have a year or so to reflect on what didn`t work and fix it. Hell, most people hated Radagast and what did they do? Released a Radagast scene from the the next movie! As a gift to fans and way to promote the next chapter. Like, seriously. What stuck up people out of touch with reality.

Oh, and 3D + expanded markets couldn`t help AUJ pass Shriekapoo OS.

Many people consider FOTR the best movie by far of LOTR trilogy (myself included). Others, detest it because it has no action, and prefer by far TTT or ROTK, being more spectacular and epic. Although the movies were filmed at the same time, it does not imply all of them are equal. The same will happen here.

We have to wait and see the other two parts, but the OS markets love action and big battles, so, if they market a bit better the sequels, OS grosses should be higher.

• Like 1

Similar to your blind love of the hunger games no?

No, I know the shortcomings of THG movie but the story arc of Katniss is what matters to me and I think the movie, and the actress, sell it very well.

But maybe yes, like I told, love is blind and irrationnal.

And even if you don't use the word shortcomings, The Hobbit feels like Diet LOTR.

It s more of the same but less good on every level : characters, actors, set pieces, action scenes ( they look like video games in TH), stakes, the fucking Hair.

And really, people love to diss TDKR for its plotholes but I can't get over the frakking eagles that can only go in some places in Middle Earth because Tolkien decided it : Deux Ex Machina at its worst.

Edited by The Futurist

Tony Stark's net worth is some 5B+ or so. He got this guys! If IM3 gross close to 1B, he will add his own money to fudge it over. No worry, 1B+ for IM3 is guaranteed :D

I am amazed how LOTR fans are totally oblivious to the Hobbit's shortcomings.

Love is blind in deed.

THIS.

Similar to your blind love of the hunger games no?

I don`t think many THG fans think THG was be all and end all. The Queen, however, was.

Fishnet your point of view on TH is void due to extreme biased same as a massive delusional fan boy/girl is. 1.2 billion is best case scenario I still see it breaking a billion due to finale factor!

I`m even more biased against LOTR because of Shitto factor but I`m objective enough to know that all 3 LOTR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Floppit. At least the main cast had a great rapport even though some of those actors were annoying as fuck (Astin and Wood). But they interacted well. Unlike completely 100% chemistry-free Floppit cast.

No, I know the shortcomings of THG movie but the story arc of Katniss is what matters to me and I think the movie, and the actress, sell it very well.

But maybe yes, like I told, love is blind and irrationnal.

And even if you don't use the word shortcomings, The Hobbit feels like Diet LOTR.

It s more of the same but less good on every level : characters, actors, set pieces, action scenes ( they look like video games in TH), stakes, the fucking Hair.

And really, people love to diss TDKR for its plotholes but I can't get over the frakking eagles that can only go in some places in Middle Earth because Tolkien decided it : Deux Ex Machina at its worst.

Lol you say this now someone has pick you up on your criticism of one group of blind fan boys/girls while your one yourself just of another franchise good defence ha.

THIS.

I don`t think many THG fans think THG was be all and end all. The Queen, however, was.

I`m even more biased against LOTR because of Shitto factor but I`m objective enough to know that all 3 LOTR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Floppit. At least the main cast had a great rapport even though some of those actors were annoying as fuck (Astin and Wood). But they interacted well. Unlike completely 100% chemistry-free Floppit cast.

I agree the hobbit is nowhere near as good as any of LOTR but really was anyone in there right mind expecting it to be? It also nowhere near as bad as you make out.

All that matters is that Floppit`s gross won`t turn anyone into a real and relvant star and THG did that with the Queen. Suck on a sand pipe Lilly!

All that matters is that Floppit`s gross won`t turn anyone into a real and relvant star and THG did that with the Queen. Suck on a sand pipe Lilly!

Lol no one really cares about the hobbit cast becoming stars except you i'm afraid.

• Like 2

I agree the hobbit is nowhere near as good as any of LOTR but really was anyone in there right mind expecting it to be? It also nowhere near as bad as you make out.

I don`t make it bad! I said it wa smediocre at best. It certianly wasn`t a trianwreck and my review was one of the most balanced around. I just know the story and unfortunately I know huge shortcomings of the actors and Boyens when she makes shit up. So based on that, I don`t expect next two to be better than AUJ unless pumpped action is considered a better movie.