Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

It's an interesting year this year as there is a chance of 0 $1B dollar films but if stars align and WOM is good there could also be 4 or 5 (there won't be of course).In the right circumstances IM3, Hobbit 2, CF, MU, STID and maybe even DM2 or MOS could break out and hit the mark.In reality we are probably looking at 2 from the first 3 at best though.

Next 2 billion movie is more ballsy to predict than next $1 billion but I agree we need something that isn`t a prequel/sequel/zzzzquel to hit the mark. It`s pretty embarrassing that out of 15 that crossed the mark only 2 are really original (aka not based on an existing source) and only 3 are not a sequle/prequel (said 2 oriignals and AIW). It`s worth noting that original 2 are also by far the biggest grossers since they are the only ones that broke $2 billion barrier.

Wasn't Avatar based on a book?? and Titanic is kind of a remake.

Maybe IM3

TH has  a better chance

Next year TF4

TA2 for sure

I agree with this TH2 has best chance due to being huge OS same with TF 4 this could make $850 mil OS alone and TA2 could be first non cameron movie to make over a billion OS alone.

• Like 1

After first results, IM3 has many chances. I was thinking in 850-900 before release, but it is doing great business even in Europe, so, if there is no surprises, IM3 will be the next one.

Defo has a chance good start so far try not to get ahead of are selfs just yet see how it holds a lot of competion coming up and it depends on how big it is in US needs $350 mil plus i believe there to break a billion ww.

I agree Goffesteel CF would have to more then double OS gross in just 18 months from $280 mil ish to around 600 mil OS far to bigger increase IMO. IM3 will come close looking at current numbers its looking good. MU won't to late after previous film hype not there at the moment TH2 has a chance if it increases OS due to bigger battle and stuff!

My New top 5

1) Iron Man 3 - 1.056B

2) Desolation of Smaug  - 1.2B

3) Jurassic Park IV - 1.001B

4) Transformers 4 - 1.349B

5) There and Back Again - 1.356B

Iron man could happen but TH2&3 having big increases how is that gonna happen and TF4 where is got make that kind of money lol i'd say $1.160 for TF4.

Iron man could happen but TH2&3 having big increases how is that gonna happen and TF4 where is got make that kind of money lol i'd say $1.160 for TF4.

TH2/TH3 OS growth is there. Will make a thread just for that. Well TF3 blew OS and now having China as a co-producer can get an additional 200M-300M there, so not out of the question.

TH2/TH3 OS growth is there. Will make a thread just for that. Well TF3 blew OS and now having China as a co-producer can get an additional 200M-300M there, so not out of the question.

I can see growth in TH2&3 but that big TH2 may make say 750 mil os and the finale $850 mil add  in US most i can see either doing is $1.2 bil for finale maybe. TF 3 will smash 200 mil in China so thats why i think $850 mil OS add in about $300 mil in the US and we have $1.15 bil.

I can see growth in TH2&3 but that big TH2 may make say 750 mil os and the finale $850 mil add  in US most i can see either doing is $1.2 bil for finale maybe. TF 3 will smash 200 mil in China so thats why i think $850 mil OS add in about $300 mil in the US and we have $1.15 bil.

Why would TH finale increase that much when the movies are obviously considered inferior and lost about 40% of LOTR audience? It isn`t going to happen.