Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

Seeing as how ff7 will have no competition for 3 weeks it might be able to make it but its unlikely. I think TF4 will miss the mark due to decreases in America and other developed countries. Mocking jay pt 1 will probably decrease a bit from Catching Fire domestically and maybe OS as well. TASM2 has a decent chance but its gonna need at least 700m OS to do it and there is too much competition in the later months of may. HTTYD2 has an honest chance if it can pull a DM2 but its a big IF depending on the quality of the movie and the marketing. Interstellar is the only movie I see next year doing it and mainly because it has the holidays and Chris Nolan's name attached. Next year if there are any 1B m movies I only see 1 at the most. But in 2015 we should be looking at 5 or 6 for the bare minimum

• Like 1

Seeing as how ff7 will have no competition for 3 weeks it might be able to make it but its unlikely. I think TF4 will miss the mark due to decreases in America and other developed countries. Mocking jay pt 1 will probably decrease a bit from Catching Fire domestically and maybe OS as well. TASM2 has a decent chance but its gonna need at least 700m OS to do it and there is too much competition in the later months of may. HTTYD2 has an honest chance if it can pull a DM2 but its a big IF depending on the quality of the movie and the marketing. Interstellar is the only movie I see next year doing it and mainly because it has the holidays and Chris Nolan's name attached. Next year if there are any 1B m movies I only see 1 at the most.But in 2015 we should be looking at 5 or 6 for the bare minimum

What are the 6 for the bare minimum?

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

I think only TF4 has a shot this year.

Spiderman will need to be over 300 domestic and I think THG series is not making many more fans like before. 

There and Back Again could have a finale boost similar to Revenge of the Sith.  It's funny how well the Hobbit movies mirror the Star Wars prequels.

Depends on the Battle of the Five Armies.

It needs to be really big and huge and that will sure booast numbers.

I remember seeing the ads and seeing the battle with the horses charging and elephants, was great :)

Transformers 4 just crossed 1.087B at worldwide box office, what will be next to hit 1B? Interstellar? Hunger Games 3? Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies? or anything.

I think the next billion dollar movie after TF4 will be "The Hobbit: Battle of five armies" and it will gross around 1.1B.

So whats yours?

Edited by Asyulus