Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

It's a little bit too much in my opinion. Yeah, Lord Of The Rings was popular overseas and stuff, but I don't see the Hobbit increasing so much from Return of The King... Overseas the popularity of the movie dropped with every new movie (more money was from inflation - there was Germany chart somewhere around that showed that people were less but money was more)... It'll end up around 800M, maybe near 900M, but I really don't see it passing 900M overseas.It's just my opinion though, not saying it is impossible, but I highly doubt it.

Yup it will stop at $900,000,000 and not make $900,000,001 all movies end at a round number anyways.

It's a little bit too much in my opinion. Yeah, Lord Of The Rings was popular overseas and stuff, but I don't see the Hobbit increasing so much from Return of The King... Overseas the popularity of the movie dropped with every new movie (more money was from inflation - there was Germany chart somewhere around that showed that people were less but money was more)... It'll end up around 800M, maybe near 900M, but I really don't see it passing 900M overseas.

It's just my opinion though, not saying it is impossible, but I highly doubt it.

I think you misunderstood this, look

admissions in Germany

LotR1 11.833.420

LotR2 10.692.798

LotR3 10.432.470

it almost lost no audience

compare with Harry Potter

HP1 12.565.007

HP2 9.702.824

HP3 6.627.175

http://insidekino.de/DJahr/DAlltime100.htm

Edited by Rudolf

I can guarantee you of one, Revenge of the Sith. It gets re-released next year in 3D. Its only 152M away, it can do it.

It is NOT guaranteed obviously. In fact it most likely wont make it. TPM re-release did only 102m WW. The market is in a over-load of 3D rereleases, and I doubt ROTS can even make 100m.

There will be letdown and dak horse in 2013 too.

There will be letdown and dak horse in 2013 too.

of course but with all the movie titles thrown around someone should have mentioned itin such lists the sequels dominate - forgeting one with really good chances is an errorand from the dark horses : someone should champion the right one (just by chance)

Lets list all possible ones next year:OzIM3ST2FF6MUDM2PRJP3DEP3CFTH2In 2014 possible ones:TASM2HTTYD2TF4TH3Mockingjay, Part 1Bond 24In 2015:TA2EP7FF7JLAIA5Smurfs 3Mockingjay, Part 2AVATAR 2....

Smurfs 3 for a billion would like to see that thread made. IA5? Over half of these won't get close to 1B. Possible is different form actually hitting 1B.
  • Like 1

I think both Skyfall and TH will get it, and JP3D will be the third one from now. I have some new contenders for 800-900 next year, but I still would not lock any of them (I do not like that word):Iron Man 3Monsters UniversityThe Smurfs 2Catching FireIn this group, I think Monsters has more chances than anyone. It did 525 million in 2001, which is higher than, for instance, Shrek in the same year and with similar WOM. And now 3D. We have already seen what Shrek did later.Iron Man will grow, but not enough to reach 1b. Maybe 850-900. I think Smurfs is a new Ice Age. I see this reaching 650-700 OS, but DOM will stay flat, so 800-850. CF will grow OS, but not enough DOM. I think it will make another 850-900.And finally TH2 that will get it.