Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

hey cap yu think sws fans will go crazy and break the single day record right back?

Nah, I'm thinking 162 million for Star Wars 7 OW. Still huge, though I wonder if Batman VS Superman will break the opening weekend record?

Also, drat, only 85 to 89 mil opening day for Avengers 2? :(

However when on the eve of a movie opening weekend record has a studio done a gutsy call such as 200+??

Like to me its confidence? 

Yes, Paramount said IM2 was very likely to hit 150+. I think this is a different beast from that one and will not leave egg on Disney's face.

Edited by redfirebird2008

helps whem yu got a show like agents of shield and agent Carter tying in and promoting the marvrl unoverse bigtime tp extra millions of people on tv ww

Yeah, I am sure a shitty show & a mediocre show will really help its box office. :lol:

• Like 1

hey mattie!

Hello! :)

(Goes back to the five pages that have probably sprouted since this was posted, I read it, and responded.)

Edit: Damn, I was hoping for an RTH update. No update, so one page between this post and my last one, lol.

Edited by mattie
  • Like 1

That range right between 200 and the record is funny.

I wonder what Disney will estimate if it looks like it's going to come in around 205m or so. Do they announce that it's at 208 or something so they can claim new record? But then if the actuals come in lower, it looks bad, right? So do they actually go ahead and fudge it to get the record? (I'm not aware of Disney doing any fudging in the past, but who knows.)

Similarly, if it seems to be coming in at the high 190s do they announce a 200m estimate? Do they fudge it to get up there?

I wonder what Disney will estimate if it looks like it's going to come in around 205m or so. Do they announce that it's at 208 or something so they can claim new record? But then if the actuals come in lower, it looks bad, right? So do they actually go ahead and fudge it to get the record? (I'm not aware of Disney doing any fudging in the past, but who knows.)

Similarly, if it seems to be coming in at the high 190s do they announce a 200m estimate? Do they fudge it to get up there?

i'd say 195-199 they fudge to 200 and 200-207 they fudge to 208

Nah, I'm thinking 162 million for Star Wars 7 OW. Still huge, though I wonder if Batman VS Superman will break the opening weekend record?

Also, drat, only 85 to 89 mil opening day for Avengers 2? :(

hey my brother. no lowend is 80-89. high 107-115m! geesus. if sws gets golden age crowd it could hit 170-200+m

I think it will cruise past 210 so it won't even be an issue, but hell yes they are bound to fudge the thing if it gets within a few mill of the record. Paramount has set a trend here lately with two Transformers fudge jobs on opening weekend. Disney has every right to do the same if necessary.

Hello! :)

(Goes back to the five pages that have probably sprouted since this was posted, I read it, and responded.)

Edit: Damn, I was hoping for an RTH update. No update, so one page between this post and my last one, lol.

rebump my friend so i can respond on. my android ph lol
  • Like 1

Increasing like TA means around 90m.

I'll take it since I believe that the weekend performance will be close to the same as the first in terms of the multiple and that front-loading will be reflected in subsequent weekends and the final gross.