Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Though, to be fair, MOS doesn't come close (-15%) to being a 150M opener, also, TDK, TDKR and DH2 were in the middle of summer, so Sunday would naturally be a bigger piece of the OW pie

MOS Sunday also fell on father's day.

It must have. Rth said it was going way past its 1.3m Sunday estimate.

F7 was probably even hit harder than AOU. It could have an awesome Sunday. (percentage-wise, of course)

I wonder if some people remember how many shows sold out for Avengers 1 and said "I'm just not even going to bother on the first Saturday for this one. Maybe Sunday or maybe next weekend."

Maybe.

But no doubt it led to a lot of people pre-buying tickets which, if I understand Rth, lead to many of the over-estimations.

An increase of 5-6m would be great, but 10m? Has a Sunday ever been so underestimated?

I don't know but I don't think it could be helped. They had no clue if the box office would recover from the big drops on Saturday.

Of the 331 pages in this thread, I've read less than 50.

Anyone make it through all 331?

But did you read the good 50?  :ph34r:

I have read most of the pages although I skimmed a decent amount of todays posts since I was gone most of the day.

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time because I joined the forum during the 1st avengers run.

I guess I was looking for the same excitement as the 1st.

Where's this 10M business coming from? Has there been an update or are we just drumming it up ourselves? :rofl:

I think druv said 8-9m and it went from there. 

No estimates yet from anywhere. Just what rth said earlier.

Until we hear otherwise, I'm just going to stick with with 187 number :P.

Probably wise.

But did you read the good 50? :ph34r:

I have read most of the pages although I skimmed a decent amount of todays posts since I was gone most of the day.

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time because I joined the forum during the 1st avengers run.

I guess I was looking for the same excitement as the 1st.

I was going to say this weekend was exciting but I think the best part is still to come.