kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Its still having ginormous amount of shows. But i see very few sellouts because of that. Even Imax demand for a friday evening is not that great.

But the fact that its the only show in the town will help AOU this weekend.

Unlike Im3 this will be on screens till Memorial day. 

Its still having ginormous amount of shows. But i see very few sellouts because of that. Even Imax demand for a friday evening is not that great.

But the fact that its the only show in the town will help AOU this weekend.

Well on the other hand I saw two theaters in Utah listed in Rth's top 20 engagements that had 0 sell outs for the entire weekend. And then I saw theaters that had massive sell outs for Sunday and Friday weren't even listed.  Weird how that works. There was a time that sell outs told a bigger story than they do now. But with the great number of showtimes its hard to gauge.

Edited by Ecstasy

• Community Manager

This $100 million will be more impressive than the original's Avengers second weekend $100 million.

-47.7% drop?.....nah....

-38.9% drop without previous from opening weekend?.... it just can't be...

:ph34r:

You are right. It can't be and why $100 million won't happen. ;)

• Like 1

100M is highly unlikely to happen especially with last weekend's debacle. I would be satisfied with 85M to be honest. 

Yeah but the mere mention of it has sent this place on a dangerous path. :lol:

• Like 1

HP 4.8-5.5, AOU 23.5-25.8, see how's eve plays out

So a 24M+ Friday looking likely then. 24+36+25 = 85M is most likely case for the weekend. Won't be surprised with 90 either.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Well, 28 would have put 100M as a likely possibility. 

That was the high end early this afternoon.  It was likely to fall below.  So those $100m weekend hopes were not built on anything concrete.

Edited by Ecstasy