kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Sat looking like

AOU 34.2, HP 5, PBMC2/FF7 2.3, AOA 2.2

Slightly lower than I was expecting based on the 10% above IM3 tracking so far. But decent number nonetheless.

34.2 (+60%)

23.9 (-30%)

79.5M 2nd weekend. (+10% of IM3's 2nd weekend)

Would be the first summer opener in the past 6 years to earn less on the 2nd weekend than it did on its opening day (since X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

If the 10% of IM3 continues through its run, we are looking at a 448-450M finish.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Slightly lower than I was expecting based on the 10% above IM3 tracking so far. But decent number nonetheless.

34.2 (+60%)

23.9 (-30%)

Would be the first summer opener in the past 6 years to earn less on the 2nd weekend than it did on its opening day.

If the 10% of IM3 continues through its run, we are looking at a 448-450M finish.

So it's might be a close race with TDKR. Imagine the meltdowns if it goes under. :ph34r:

34.2 (+60%)

23.9 (-30%)

Would be the first summer opener in the past 6 years to earn less on the 2nd weekend than it did on its opening day (since X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

Blame the WC  :)...no seriously

So it's might be a close race with TDKR. Imagine the meltdowns if it goes under. :ph34r:

Funny, Can you imagine the meltdowns for BKB and Spider freak if even Furious 7 beats Avengers 2.. Holy moly moly.

Damn with only a 400+  M domestic, its going to need alot of BO might OS to stay ahead of Furious 7, not to mention all the big competition coming out like JPW , San Andreas, Ted2

34.2 (+60%)

23.9 (-30%)

Well that would be a very disappointing number. Almost a $200M drop. WOW.

What went wrong?

Still profitable, but after all they spent, it's not that great for supposedly the biggest tentpole movie in 3 years.

Oh well, win some, lose some. :/

Not gonna happen

JPW wont damage Avengers 2 further or you mean you gave up hope for 500M. lol

Guess you learn now why its not easy to pull off a James Cameron. Just wait until you see the horror unleashed on haters faces when my Jugger Naut 2 hits and shows us all what a sequel is truly capable of :)

Well that would be a very disappointing number. Almost a $200M drop. WOW.

What went wrong?

Still profitable, but after all they spent, it's not that great for supposedly the biggest tentpole movie in 3 years.

Oh well, win some, lose some. :/

Quality of the sequel wasnt quite there Ace..

Dont worry the ultimate sequel is coming from the guy who is the number 1 and number 2 spot and has the biggest sequel T2.

Not to mention SWS7 may really put up some amazing numbers and new benchmark for Dec OW records :)..

Heh,

Lol guys, this is not hitting 500m.

Wow Disney spent almost 250 in advertising....This movie cant be that profitable after falling off  to the tune of 200M domestic. Guess DVD and Merchandising though will hurt heal the dissappointment of such a drop off.

Wow 400-440+M for Avengers from a 620+M orignal movie ouch.

Decent enough number. I think someone here said that it's not doing bad enough for the haters or good enough for the Marvelites. I completely agree with that. 

Shame.

• Like 1

Wow Disney spent almost 250 in advertising....This movie cant be that profitable after falling off  to the tune of 200M domestic. Guess DVD and Merchandising though will hurt heal the dissappointment of such a drop off.

Wow 400-440+M for Avengers from a 620+M orignal movie ouch.

$400m? It's gonna do over that easily. By 10%-15%. 

And where did you get the information that Disney spent $250m on advertising? 

Decent enough number. I think someone here said that it's not doing bad enough for the haters or good enough for the Marvelites. I completely agree with that. 

Shame.

Overseas is the only thing left that may keep it from get an embarrassing ass kicking and most unexpected upset in Furios 7.

Still cant believe it beat HP7 Part 2 -Woah!

$400m? It's gonna do over that easily. By 10%-15%. 

And where did you get the information that Disney spent $250m on advertising? 

Its on the web  guy. Thats nothing Disney and WB average 150-200+M for their giant tentpoles in advertising prints now adays.

Marvels Avengers 2 may have had the biggest Advertising budget yet though

Overseas is the only thing left that may keep it from get an embarrassing ass kicking and most unexpected upset in Furios 7.

Still cant believe it beat HP7 Part 2 -Woah!

200_s.gif