Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Clearly we disagree about this so I'll just say I think JP series having no characters, weak plot has hurt its staying power. We will find out soon enough.

JP has no staying power? So that's why a re-release of the first film grossed $45 million a couple years back?

Blesstina is in effect! Not Legend being a huge ass blessing this weekend.

Clearly, Blesstina is a thing now too since she was in the film, and the film is slaying. Legend's impact!

Now, when will Cursetina kick in? 86QfRcA.gif

Didnt understand a single word of this post
  • Like 3

Didnt understand a single word of this post

That's because it's referencing Christina Aguilera. An obscure footnote in music history who plummeted with every album and was always in the shadow of other female singers during her brief period of quasi-relevance.

• Like 2

Ummmm a project plagued by almost 15 years of development hell that is coming off a terrible third movie, no it will be a smash hit lol.

You know he's not talking about Fury Road, right?

• Like 4

Why women don't get targeted more often by Hollywood-Filmmakers is the biggest questionmark.

Thank god, we have another reminder in form of PP2 now.

There was a time, where the biggies in Hollywood played in Rom-Coms.

Come on JLaw, come on Sandy B. Time for a revival!

Taylor will be eternal as well! B)

But when will she make her big return to country music!? That's what I want to know. (Her pop music is good, but I still prefer Fearless and Taylor Swift out of all of her albums)

Taylor will be eternal as well! B)

Nah. Taylor is on 9 years now. Her initial fans are about to start their adult lives and forget all about her, and all new music, and there's nothing about her interesting enough to subvert industry ageism and allow her to capture the attention of the next generation. She's also not going to have the gimmick of "going pop" with the next album to raise curiosity.

Edited by PDC1987

I'd say just close to that, maybe $70m, 190-195 something like that

I noticed this in the AoU thread and it seems to be repeating here. Someone says something slightly optimistic but overall innocuous and you jump on them with about 10x a reasonable level of belligerence. Carnage ensues, and it eventually comes out that your estimate is like 15-20% (or less) lower than the poster you initially jumped on.

So, your position, when its eventually pried out, is reasonable and even thoughtful. But the mystery remains of why you started a fistfight over a minor difference in expectations.

My guess is calibration. I think you're a reasonably bright and thoughtful guy who is miscalibrating and is coming out much more combatively than intended, resulting in arguments rather than discussions. Just something to ponder.

• Like 2

But when will she make her big return to country music!? That's what I want to know. (Her pop music is good, but I still prefer Fearless and Taylor Swift out of all of her albums)

I don't think she will make country anytime soon, she already said in one interview that the next album won't be a pop one, but a experimental one like Rock/Alternative!

I don't think she will make country anytime soon, she already said in one interview that the next album won't be a pop one, but a experimental one like Rock/Alternative!

Oh dear lol. Her Pop and Country fans will want none of that while Rock and Alternative fans will not accept a Taylor Swift album.

• Like 2

The album after that is full on prog and is 130 minutes long and only has 4 songs.

• Like 1

Alternative? I'm down with that, but I did read somewhere that she said that her leave from country music wasn't final and that she would be back.