CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

1 hour ago, CheeseWizard said:

Isn’t the Spanish version of the film the one with the apparently really awful dub?

Latin American here. Haven't seen the movie yet but I do know there is a backlash because Paramount hired actual well liked voice actors to dub the trailers, but then hired YouTubers and singers to dub the movie.

The clips they released with the new dub were received extremely negativity.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I was investigating why TFOne failed to garner support and come across this name

Hide contents

Chris Hemsworth 

For whatever reason, the curse continues....

In the same way that I don't think famous actors really attract a significant number of people to animated movies, I don't think they would repel people at a significant level.

Edited by Kon

19 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I wonder if the real reason Paramount didn't want to release this in the summer was because they had too many resources they needed to devote to the Skydance bid and acquisition, and a TFOne promotional and distribution campaign would've been an added distraction on top of that. 

I thought they moved it back specifically because Rise of the Beasts was stuck in in one of the most crowded summers in recent memory. 
And so their idea was to put TFone in the worst possible position they could think of for some reason, instead of August when that really worked for Mutant Mayhem. They really shat the bed here. 

Edited by CheeseWizard
  • Sad 1

August is what I mean. Seemed like it was primed to take that Mutant Mayhem spot but that was also just after the Skydance deal had closed and during the "shoparound" period. Evidently this was the sacrificial lamb of the acquisition. I suppose they assumed legs through October/November would help.

31 minutes ago, AniNate said:

August is what I mean. Seemed like it was primed to take that Mutant Mayhem spot but that was also just after the Skydance deal had closed and during the "shoparound" period. Evidently this was the sacrificial lamb of the acquisition. I suppose they assumed legs through October/November would help.

Pretty crap idea of them to have then tbh. Would’ve done so much better in late August rather than late September. I think they got cold feet after Barbenheimer took over the cultural zeitgeist for the entire summer, anssumed that could’ve been why Mutant Mayhem didn’t make more than it did, and were worried that might happen again.  

So they pushed it to September alongside Beetlejuice 2 cus even if that did well, it wouldn’t have too much effect on Transformers. 

2 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Latin American here. Haven't seen the movie yet but I do know there is a backlash because Paramount hired actual well liked voice actors to dub the trailers, but then hired YouTubers and singers to dub the movie.

The clips they released with the new dub were received extremely negativity.

That's so bizarre, is that dubbing difference from trailers to movie something that normally happens? 

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

I wonder if the real reason Paramount didn't want to release this in the summer was because they had too many resources they needed to devote to the Skydance bid and acquisition, and a TFOne promotional and distribution campaign would've been an added distraction on top of that. 

They moved it to September over half a year before the merger/acquisition/ whatever the hell it is now I stopped keeping track was really in discussion though. 

Yeah but it still may have been something that made them hesitant to move it back when Wild Robot staked out a date. Paramount had been looking for a buyer for quite some time at that point. Also m&a developments don't always make out to the press at the same pace that they actually happen.

Edited by AniNate