Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

I don't believe in some of your low-ballings of some films here. :angry:

"This film is not gonna do that much." & "That film is not even doing that much."

I'm sorry..but they're not gonna do exactly what you think they will gross. Which is the lower gross.

They're not doing disappointing numbers. Keep in mind, the studios will do everything in their power to market their films well.

So I don't see where Ant-Man misses $200M or Minions missing $300M.

We'll see who's right then I guess.

I enjoyed going to some animated movies 15 years ago. Don't have any interest now, aside from the occasional Pixar.

Exactly.  I was always pretty much just a Pixar guy for the longest time, refusing any of the shit that Dreamworks poops out(save the Dragon films).  But I love Frozen(Wreck-it Ralph and Big Hero 6 were okay) and Lego, and The first Despicable Me was very entertaining.  DM2 was crap, but I really can't wait for Minions.

I'm comparing the father franchise to the spin off. Only compare a like with a like, not an apple with an orange. Compare Inside Out with Brave (last original Pixar movie). 16.6m views with two weeks left to 15.4m views for Brave. Even if it only gets to 17m views that'd be an 11% increase on Brave. Plug that into the gross and you get Inside Out doing 73m OW. All it needs is a 4 multiplier to hit 290m, which funny enough is exactly where I have it at.

I seem to remember something different with The Avengers, but I can't find the trailer I was thinking of. Ah well.

I have Inside Out opening at 74M, but I don't think a 4X is happening. 3.3-3.5X for a 250ish finish.

• Like 1

Nobody thought GOTG had any appeal before it came out.

Not saying Ant-Man will, just stating the fact.

A talking tree and a smartass raccoon? That always had the chance to sell.

A man that turns into an ant? People seem to hate it. None of the people from the group I saw Age of Ultron were interested in it and most of them said it looked stupid.

I genuinely have no idea about AM, it's too early to say and we've all seen the power of Marvel with what it did for GotG which many people thought was a huge risk.

What were the early tracking numbers for GotG?

A talking tree and a smartass raccoon? That always had the chance to sell.

A man that turns into an ant? People seem to hate it. None of the people from the group I saw Age of Ultron were interested in it and most of them said it looked stupid.

The tree and raccoon were two of the biggest reasons people were saying GOTG was going to tank.

• Like 1