Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

This post is stupid.

A cute talking tree and a smartass raccoon isn't actually all that hard to sell.

A man who turns into an ant is incredibly difficult to sell and so far Marvel has failed.

No, this post is stupid.

Anyone who thinks GOTG was an easy sell to the general audience is a moron.

• Like 3

Imho, 150M? Thats very embarrassing.

$150 million isn't that bad considering the lack of buzz. Anything over $175 million DOM is a minor victory for Marvel since it shows they can set any of their properties up for success.

Ant-Man isn't helped by the fact that this July has some family-friendly competition (Minions, Pixels) 

• Like 1

No, this post is stupid.

Anyone who thinks GOTG was an easy sell to the general audience is a moron.

People were excited GotG many months before it came out. Here now a month before Ant-Man the only thing people are saying is that looks stupid.

Take that how you will

Revisionist history. I'm a big MCU fan and I hoped for $200m domestic for GOTG.

There's nothing intrinsically great or bad about selling a tiny superhero. Green Lantern is a great concept IMO, but the movie stunk.

I'm hopeful AM hits $150m Dom.

• Like 1

People were excited GotG many months before it came out. Here now a month before Ant-Man the only thing people are saying is that looks stupid.

Take that how you will

I have to agree with Krissykins on this one.

GOTG wasn't that easy of a sell, and let's be honest....nobody thought that film would do $333M DOM.

But that film got there through WOM.

And that's one factor we have to keep in mind about Ant-Man too.....WOM. If it's good..it will have legs..and people will see it again.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Krissykins on this one.

GOTG wasn't that easy of a sell, and let's be honest....nobody thought that film would do $333M DOM.

But that film got there through WOM.

And that's one factor we have to keep in mind about Ant-Man too.....WOM. If it's good..it will have legs..and people will see it again.

Yes if it's good it might get to 150M, you are correct

I think as long as Ant-Man makes 150m domestic and 400-450m WW it should be considered a success since the budget was probably quite low for a superhero movie. And I can't see it going much lower than 150m DOM/400m WW. The Marvel brand is too strong.

Take that how you will

Again, people were shouting flop for GOTG.

• Like 3

Wow. Anyone doubting Minions getting over 300M is insane. It's not just trailer views. Everyone is talking about it and sharing it. It's everywhere. And all of those people are not kids, but teens and grown-ups. Also, anyone thinking Ant-Man will make over 200M is equally crazy. That will be lucky to make 175M

1-You act like this a vast chasm. 

2-Most expect this exact range. $175m-200m