Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

The tree and raccoon were two of the biggest reasons people were saying GOTG was going to tank.

Well that was people being silly. They're cute of course they would sell.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

In that case the fact that it will do 200M+ is just your opinom

Hey...I'm basing it off on the marketing & brand name, and what people will think about it when they see it...not my wishes of it flopping like you two.

Don't think you know better than anyone else here.

I have Inside Out opening at 74M, but I don't think a 4X is happening. 3.3-3.5X for a 250ish finish.

With reviews as stellar as they are I think its more likely to hit a 5 multiplier then not hit a 4.

• Like 1

Hey...I'm basing it off on the marketing & brand name, and what people will think about it when they see it...not my wishes of it flopping like you two.

I'm basing my projection off the trailer. It's a superhero who turns into a two inch tall person to get strong. It's dumb. It'll bomb.

Nobody thought GOTG had any appeal before it came out.

Not saying Ant-Man will, just stating the fact.

Well that's a flat out lie. Most of us had it opening between 50-60m and we didn't see THAT big of an OW, but a movie has to have appeal to open to 50m+ we just all underestimated how much appeal.

Nope my prediction is not based on any bias at all. I hope succeeds, but everyone seems to hate the trailer and I never really thought the GA was going to be able to get on board with the concept

I'm basing my projection off the trailer. It's a superhero who turns into a two inch tall person to get strong. It's dumb. It'll bomb.

Marvel has never had a bomb and probably never will.

You say it'll bomb. Unfortunately..it will not be true. Doesn't matter what you think..

You're basing it off of nothing and passing your opinion as a fact. Don't even try it. If you're so sure Ant-Man will hit 200m lets make a bet shall we?

With reviews as stellar as they are I think its more likely to hit a 5 multiplier then not hit a 4.

One of the best reviewed movies of last year "The Lego Movie" which had even more stellar reviews, an easy hook and crowd pleasing moments didn't make a 4X, I really don't see IO making a 4X at all regardless of how stellar the reviews are. In fact, as big a Pixar fan as I am, I am actually giving IO the skip as the advertising has not appealed to me at all.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean that only you will be fully correct though.

$175M. That's fine and safe.

Who said that my prediction is the only one that matters? Of course other people would get it right if they predicted correctly.

Thor & Captain America did 175M+ pre-Avengers. Ant-Man is going to comfortably do 200.

Ant-Man isn't Cap or Thor though , and hell we just saw AoU decrease showing that just because Ant-Man is the first film post AoU that it's gonna have the same kind of effect on it that it did on IM3. Thor TDW barley crossed 200M anyways. Even a brand like Marvel can't create the kind of interest in Ant-Man that it takes to get to 200M

• Like 1