K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I find that fascinating considering how this is shown on the hour, by the hour.. Certainly, the would've been able to get some tickets for one of the show times??

Nope. Tweet after tweet is saying every showing in their theaters are booked for hours.

It's going way over 21 on Monday. I think way over TDK's 24.5 record as well.

$60.5 million Sunday ($213 million) 

$32 million Monday ($245 million) 

$28 million Tuesday ($273 million) 

$22 million Wednesday ($295 million) 

$20 million Thursday ($315 million) 

$29 million Friday ($344 million) 

$36 million Saturday ($380 million) 

$37.5 million Sunday ($417.5 million) 

$102.5 million 2nd weekend 

$315 million after 7 days

$417.5 million after 10 days

Might make a run for Avatar  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Disney and Universal executives over the next 30 hours...

Iz4sGXk.jpg

Next weekend might be more interesting than this one. For the second time ever*, we'll have two major factions of fandom face each other in a box office thread.

*After June 21, 2013 of course.

It's 70% on RT by the way.

Which is fine but doesn't really do justice to how well executed this movie is. It achieves its goals better than any big blockbuster type movie since the first Avengers. If you enjoyed the first Jurassic Park you will be grinning ear to ear during the last 30 minutes of this movie. And even if you never saw a JP movie before, you are likely still going to have a hell of a good time with it.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Next weekend might be more interesting than this one. For the second time ever*, we'll have two major factions of fandom face each other in a box office thread.

*After June 21, 2013 of course.

There is no fight next weekend. There is one movie smashing another. And it seems clear who is getting smashed. 

• Like 2

What a mind boggling performance for JW. Over half a bil WW in one weekend?!?  I mean that almost seems borderline impossible to believe. And that DOM gross. This could seriously be near the original's success level in the end if it hits 600+ DOM. Bummed I wasn't around this weekend for the ride.

• Like 1

Here's the thing: there are good arguments that can be made on both sides as to whether it will break the record or not. And of course somebody one side will claim victory tomorrow based on actual's but really that doesn't invalidate the argument itself. there are good and reasonable ways to think either that it will break the record or that it won't.

• Like 2

Which is fine but doesn't really do justice to how well executed this movie is. It achieves its goals better than any big blockbuster type movie since the first Avengers. If you enjoyed the first Jurassic Park you will be grinning ear to ear during the last 30 minutes of this movie. And even if you never saw a JP movie before, you are likely still going to have a hell of a good time with it.

This film in one of most fun times I have had at cinemas in years.
  • Like 1

What a mind boggling performance for JW. Over half a bil WW in one weekend?!?  I mean that almost seems borderline impossible to believe. And that DOM gross. This could seriously be near the original's success level in the end if it hits 600+ DOM. Bummed I wasn't around this weekend for the ride.

The ride is still going baby.

• Like 1