MovieGuyKyle16

NBC "How low can the ratings go??"

NBC has been having lots of trouble in the ratings for awhile and to make matters worse their new show "The Firm" which started last night came in last place with a 1.5 rating. The network reportedly ordered 22 episodes before the show even aired. My question is if you ran NBC what would you do to get those ratings up??

Not make it Sunday night, first off. There's already too many shows that people watch on Sunday night. Not only was it up against The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives and Family Guy, but normally HBO or AMC have a big Sunday night series, at 10 Hell on Wheels was on.Secondly, advertise it more. I know I only saw two commercials for it myself, but then I don't watch NBC that much. Honestly though, I can't see it doing that well. People see it and wonder why they're remaking the Tom Cruise film into a TV series. (I know that's not exactly true, but most people will think that.)

NBC's performance really confuses me because they have very good shows like Community and Parenthood but their ratings are so crappy. Maybe its the marketing department or something. NBC does have success sometimes with reality shows like America's Got Talent and The Voice, so I guess if they promote their shows properly people will watch.

NBC's performance really confuses me because they have very good shows like Community and Parenthood but their ratings are so crappy. Maybe its the marketing department or something. NBC does have success sometimes with reality shows like America's Got Talent and The Voice, so I guess if they promote their shows properly people will watch.

I agree NBC has the best comedies out of all the network (except for Whitney).

• Community Manager

I'm glad their ratings suck because that means they don't have a very high standard for ratings and amazing shows like Parks & Rec can stay on the air despite mediocre ratings B)

If Parks and Rec was on ABC, there's a big chance the ratings would be higher.I know people like to state "Thank God XXX is on NBC, because on other networks these ratings would have gotten the show cancelled", forgetting that if the show was on a different network the ratings might have been completely different.

I'm wondering why they make a series of this movie now. How many years has it been since the movie was released? :o The time to turn movies into TV programs is soon after the movie's been out. NBC is a few years too late. I might watch it On Demand, if NBC decides to give it a chance. This may go the route of The Playboy Club and Prime Suspect. Not getting my hopes up.

• Community Manager

I'm surprised it hasnt even been mentioned becasue its ratings are just as bad as Community's (even though I believe Community and Parks are the best comedy hour on tv)

Their slightly better. That "0.2"difference may seem minor and small, but really it's gigantic.