grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

I remember Jedi very well. The theater near me always had a mile or longer line for pretty much all showings. It was nuts

hey 75 did you throw a crazy punching thr sky fit seeing our franchise return to ultimate glory again? Omg!#

How are you75 warrior compadre

Yeah, that 60% boost is crazy huge. And I believe RotJ still has the adjusted wide opening per theater average well in hand to this day. Which is more impressive when you consider how many fewer screens theaters had back then.

Yes, I think movies generally only played on one screen per venue. Some may have given Jedi two auditoriums. But on the flip side, a lot of huge venues still existed - the old single-screen movie palaces, the newer 70mm domes, etc.

I got to see Episode II on OW at the (late, lamented) Century domes in San Jose, CA, a place I never went to before or since, but which we drove almost an hour to get to because it was one of only a couple venues in the Bay Area with digital projection. This line snaked through the parking lot, and we stood in it for what felt like two hours. That is the closest I have ever come to experience the madness of one of the original-trilogy showings at one of its premier 70mm venues. Though I believe we may have bought our tickets a couple days in advance, and this was just the line to get IN? (I also remember a massive line to get into Batman Forever on opening night, but again I can't remember if we bought the tickets earlier in the day and this was the line for ticket holders to get into the showing.)

That picture Filmscholar posted is similar to what I experienced, only even more nuts. This is why most megaplexes nowadays put the box office inside, make space for lines indoors, and build those huge cavernous spaces for the ticket-holders to stand in after getting their ticket ripped. It's better than waiting out in the sun, but still sad that you can't see lines around the block anymore.

Edited by TServo2049

hey 75 did you throw a crazy punching thr sky fit seeing our franchise return to ultimate glory again? Omg!#

How are you75 warrior compadre

yeah i was pretty excited ;)

and doing ok, about to leave work.

hope you are well

Why would I? :lol:

Because theyre cute! It could keep your son entertained, help your wife around the house, and go run and get you alfalfa sprout juice from the kitchen so you don't have to walk all the way downstairs.

• Like 5

yeah i was pretty excited ;)

and doing ok, about to leave work.

hope you are well

yes sir want more pt hours andmore online income , but yep health is good and roof over my head with gd friends online. Heck of a day. Thank you god. Thank you. Now if i can just have 5-300mil dollars, it would be perfect

yes sir want more pt hours andmore online income , but yep health is good and roof over my head with gd friends online. Heck of a day. Thank you god. Thank you. Now if i can just have 5-300mil dollars, it would be perfect

i have no likes left, so i will just type Like  :P

Because theyre cute! It could keep your son entertained, help your wife around the house, and go run and get you alfalfa sprout juice from the kitchen so you don't have to walk all the way downstairs.

Plus they get to hang with Sandra Bullock!

• Like 1

I have to wonder.....which film next after JW and SW:EP7, will push Potter further down WW?

hmm batman and superman. Perhaps id4 part2 if great. Oh and juggernaut 2017 will make a big shakeup in all time ww charts. Even potentially to avatar 1 and titanic

So many people are so sure Star Wars will take this record back.

I'll be checking the box office that weekend in a secure bunker far away in the event the movie doesn't make the record.

The fallout will probably destroy civilization as we know it.

• Like 5