grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

So many people are so sure Star Wars will take this record back.

I'll be checking the box office that weekend in a secure bunker far away in the event the movie doesn't make the record.

The fallout will probably destroy civilization as we know it.

There aren't as many as you think.  I'm a die hard SW loonie as well and I don't think it will make more than 150 mill OW, maybe less.  December is not kind to opening weekend superiority.  But the second week hold will be epic.  

• Like 2

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitch Perfect has an outside shot at 190 mill.

• Like 1

I love the fact that it was just so unexpected. 

I don't think SW7 is breaking the record. It's the weekend before Christmas so the opeing will be tempered a bit. I can see it doing around 150-160m. But those legs will be loooooooong and beautiful, lol.

• Like 5

I really do loathe the Minions. LOL.Telemachos, on 15 Jun 2015 - 7:56 PM, said:

How many times has your son forced you to see Despicable Me 1 and 2? :lol: 

How many toys did he forced you to buy? :lol: 

• Like 1

I was very young when I went but I remember it.  We saw it OW.  Check out these lines from 1983:

rotj-sam-eric-1983.jpg

I remember being taken out of school OD to see it.  Good times good times

• Like 1

I love the fact that it was just so unexpected. 

I don't think SW7 is breaking the record. It's the weekend before Christmas so the opeing will be tempered a bit. I can see it doing around 150-160m. But those legs will be loooooooong and beautiful, lol.

SW legs:

tom-platz-quads.jpg

• Like 8

Yes, but there are ways of "manufacturing" where you let your artists tell a story and then figure out a way to market it, not the reverse.

Or don't figure out a way to market it and just hope for the best: see Frozen, Pacific Rim, or Edge of Tomorrow.